[Chapter 6 - The Search]

!Disclaimer!
This chapter is way longer than the usual 500-ish words!

[Start Of Chapter]

[Sausage POV]
I flew after Gem, Pix and Scott, we were heading to the Grimlands to investigate as we had talked about the day before. 

Flying over there was a little tricky, but we managed. I leaded them, taking them through the broken hole in the gate I found while investigating myself.  We crawled through and stopped at the other side of the gate. Scott was the first to speak, "Alright, so like I said, me and Pix will go to one side, and you two go to the other. Like we planned," As he spoke, he pointed to me and Gem before turning around. "Good luck, and if you find anything, tell us when we meet back up." Me and Gem nodded, turning to fly off to find a spot to start on the right side of the Grimlands.

"So, where did you look when you visited here?" Gem asked as we hovered above the Grimlands.   "Well- I looked around at the entrance area and talked to some of the people, that's all-" Gem snapped back, "Well of course you didn't find Fwhip! That's barely anything! c'mon we're gunna' start here." Gem pointed at a short wall dividing the entrance area and the village.

I shrugged and watched as she darted down, me following close behind.

As we landed, a few of the nearby villagers got scared off and backed into their houses.
Gem, cutting right to the chase, began to look around boxes, hoping to find something.
 Realizing this, I followed her lead. I flipped over crates and looked around buildings, eventually, I found something.   "Hey Gem-! Look at this..-!" Gem turned around and rushed over to me.

"What is it?" She said skeptically. "It's a bit of his scarf-" I held up a teared part of soft, red cloth.
Gem carefully took it from my hand and felt it, it definitely was his scarf, there was no doubt in my mind.

Gem nodded and put the piece of cloth in a small duffle bag she had around her waist. "I'll search around here and you can go search further up, he might've travelled along the back of this isle of buildings." I nodded and hurried up ahead, as I glanced at one of the buildings I was jogging past, I saw a quick swish of orange and red. "Hey-! Anyone there..-!?" I called out as I walked toward where I saw the flash.

 When I got to the place, I noticed another piece of Fwhip's scarf that was slowly fluttering down to the ground. He was close!

Without a second thought, I followed upward where the flash of ginger went. dodging pipes and boxes, I found a tuft of orange hair and picked that up as well. Where could he be..? I just want him to be safe and ok- not hiding away from everyone! I followed slowly, ignoring the scattered pieces of cloth everywhere. I knew he was here somewhere.

As I was walking, I saw the same dash of ginger turn a corner. I hurried myself up and ran toward where it went, calling Fwhip's name out every so often. As I turned the corner, there was a bashed blackstone wall, there was a small crawlspace in it.

In a rush of emotions, I got down and, slowly but surely, crawled through the tunnel.
Soon enough, it opened up to a small cave, tall enough for me to stand in.

  This was good! a smaller space to try find him, great.

I tried calling his name, only to hear a distant whispering further out in the cave.

In a bit of hope, I slowly walked over to where the whispering came from, making sure not to make any sudden sounds.

As I got closer, the whispering stopped, but I continued on. Suddenly, I heard a quick sigh of annoyance. "F-Fwhip..?" a few worrying moments passed until I heard a familiar voice.

"I'm here, Sausage." 

I immediately perked up, he had a half annoyed half dull tone to him, but I didn't care. "Fwhip!"
"Hi. uhm- why are you so shocked? You knew I was here." 

I paused, what did he mean by that? No one knew he was even alive! "What do you mean by that..-? I never knew you were even alive! Nor does everybody else! Gem, Scott and Pix are all looking for you!" 

I heard a slight rustle from around the corner, I couldn't see Fwhip currently, so he must have moved slightly. 

Soon after, Fwhip perked his head around a cave wall in front of me.
                                                                                                                                                        "Pix is- back-?"

"Well- Yeah, he came back for you..!...  Don't you see how much you worried us?" I said, taking a step toward Fwhip. Fwhip awkwardly looked at the ground, blushing in slight embarrassment. 

    "Jimmy stopped talking with literally anybody because of it-!" Fwhip took a step forward and continued to stare at the ground in worry. "Sorry..- I just-" I cut him off, my eyes wide. "-No no! It's fine, I understand... I suppose." I paused. "I'm just glad your back, Fwhip-!" I gently hugged him, holding back a tear of relief.

"Let's get back to Gem and the others... They need to know." Fwhip nodded slightly before following me out the cave and behind the buildings. I could tell he was still on edge, but we carried on and reached the gate as we waiting for the others to arrive.

Alright! This chapter was not intended to be 900+ words lol, but I digress its an important chapter lol! I would also like to mention, feel free to suggest any ideas for future chapters! it would help a lot, and at the beginning I'll give credit to at the very least inspo for the chapter.

Words: 977

If you like the cover art and stuff, check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!It is linked on my profile, I do animations and stuff.

<3