[Chapter 5 - Welcome Back]

!!TW!!
Mentions of death, intense worry/depression

[Start Of Chapter]

[Scott POV]
The door slammed open, we all turned to see what had happened to be met with a blurred figure standing outside, they were covered in snow and ice... they had clearly travelled for a while to get here. They had a bandana on, covering half of their face.

We were all silent, in shock, horror, and fear. 

The person stepped inside, shaking their head rapidly to get off the frigid ice on their clothing and hair. the figures hair was a dusty brown, he wore a dull brown shirt with a long sand colored robe over it, it had streaks of orange and green with shoulder pads of the same colors.   I had a pretty good idea of who this was...

The figure took off their mask, revealing themselves.

.

It was Pix!

I let a small smile grow on my face as I saw Sausage and Gem's eyes widen in shock.
Pix had been missing for a long time, many of us even thought he was dead.

"What-!? Pix-! But-" Gem cut Sausage off, "Who cares Sausage! Your back Pixl!"
Gem leaped up and hugged Pix, him giving an awkward chuckle.

Gem pulled back, "Where have you been!? You were gone for- So, so long!" Gem had her skeptical tone once more. "Hehe- Well, I left my empire because I was worried for what would come with the demon and all that... is he still here by the way-?" - Everyone in the room [except Pix] shook their head. - "Ah, I see. Well that's good-! Anyway, Scott sent a raven to me, he was unsure if I was even still around, but he told me to meet you lot here, I had to travel further, so, sorry about being late-!"

Sausage got up from his spot and laughed, "Sorry-? You don't need to be sorry! you travelled way further than you should have to come investigate about Fwhip-!"  Pix gave him a confused look.  I forgot I hadn't told anyone why to come here-  woops..-

I quickly told Pixl about the situation, Sausage and Gem joining in with more details. "... Hmm.. I'll join you for sure! but- are you sure we want to do this? Sausage already investigated and he found nothing."

He was right, but we couldn't stop there! surely there would be something on both sides, either proving he's dead or not.

"Yes but we could find something! I'm not giving up on my brother just yet, oh no!" Gem snapped before me or Sausage could even start to make a sentence. "Gees alright," I said mockingly. 

After a small debate, we decided to all investigate together. We went through a few variations of our choice, for example: Splitting up, Sticking together, Pairs of two, etc.

We ultimately chose to have pairs of two; Me with Pix and Gem with Sausage.

Hope you liked the chapter! I tried to make it more fun and derpy by making Pix be all mysterious to all of a sudden be bubbly and happy.

Words: 497

If you like the cover art and stuff, check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!It is linked on my profile, I do animations and stuff.

<3