[Chapter 17 - Searching PT.1]

!Disclaimer!
This chapter has 2 parts! 2nd part uploads tomorrow 1:PM EST

[Sausage POV]
I chased after Fwhip.  He told me it was Bratwurst that was running off- 

Despite my curiosities, I followed Fwhip quickly as we saw the white/gray particles rush after the invisible figure, leading off into a nearby forest that bridged Spawn and the Grimlands.

We managed to keep up with Bratwurst, his effect fading in and out at times.

We eventually stopped at a small clearing in the forest. It had large trees varying from oak to spruce to dark oak.  There were small clumps of moss and mushrooms, various flowers scattered throughout the clearing as well.

Fwhip tried calling out to him, only for it to obviously fail.   I pushed him playfully to the side, almost actually tripping him.   

"You got to find him! Not just call out to him." I said teasingly, helping Fwhip up from my slight push.

He shrugged as he sat on a small stump and looked around.   I noticed Fwhip's wings twitch a little as he perked his head up.   "Find something?" I asked, turning around to face Fwhip.

"I- I heard rustling..." He said ominously, pointing up to a yellow-ombre tree.

I took a closer look and noticed that it was in fact rustling every few seconds.

I shushed Fwhip as I began to slowly climb up the tree.... just then, I saw a flash of black and red fly out the tree and into the deeper forest.    "Dang it!" I jumped down from the tree, landing on a small witherrose as its thorns pierced into my boot.

Fwhip turned to me as I was plucking out the small but deadly thorns out my shoe.
"Do you think that was him..?" He asked.   I nodded swiftly, "Of course! Who else wears black and red?"   I said before quickly noticing the irony of this. 

Fwhip chuckled before continuing the conversation, "Alright well- Why would he be running off? we already know he exists."  I shrugged and managed to pull the final thorn out. "Either way, I'm gunna find him." I said, shooting back up as my wings stretched out slightly.

"I'll search this way; you search that way. Who knows where he could've ran off to."  Fwhip pointed to both sides, left and right.

I nodded before trekking out the one side.. I swear I saw small flashes of red- I'm probably just imagining that...

Hope you liked the chapter!! sorry if it feels rushed, just trying to give you all the content needed so I can gain my steam again. the part two should be released tomorrow, if not, then the day after. have a good day/night!

Words: 433