[Chapter 19 - Decorating]

[Start of Chapter]

[Fwhip POV]
I had been thinking about Bratwurst and all that stuff... I never really caught a break, just thinking if I could even fight back...

I heard a knock at my door, which, I'll admit, caught me off guard. "Hm?" I turned and hurried to door, curious who it was.  I opened the door to seen no one, then looked down and saw a package.   It had a note attached to it...

I carefully lifted the box up and brought it inside my house, laying it on a table before taking the note and reading.   It was a nicely decorated, with festive reds, whites and greens scattered across it.   It read:  'Hello there ! ! This may seem random, but I got a few holiday decorations for you!  - Sausage <3'

I smiled at that and put the note down before trying to pry open the box.  I managed to open the box and found three clear bags, each with it's own decoration in it.    I picked up one of the bags that was full of hanging lights.. One roll was white, the other was red, white and green.

I got all the decor out of its respective bags and sorted it out, untangling some as well.
One pile was full of hanging lights and tinsel, the second pile was full of ornaments and other tree decor, and the third pile was all the other, random things.

Starting with the lights, I darted around the Grimlands and hung them up, despite my empire still looking like crap ever since the explosion.  Some of the lightbulbs had already popped, but that was fine.   I went to grab the other pile of ornaments and put hung them on the pine trees in my empire. Some cracked open due to the cold weather outside, but that was fine..!

As I hung a shiny, teal and green ornament with a poppy flower on it, I heard a crack then something falling to the ground.   I turned to see it was one of the ornaments I put up... It fell off the tree and cracked onto the ground, leaving scattered shards on the snowy ground. and... a red crystal..?     hm.

I continued to hang up the ornaments until the pile was empty.  I walked over to the third pile, which was filled with random things like powdered snow, fake candy-canes, and other things.

At first I wasn't to sure what to do with it all, but I figured I could stick the candy-canes in the snow, maybe even hang a lantern from them. I quickly fit the fake canes into the ground and hung a lantern on it. 

I threw some of the powdered snow onto the ground and roof.

*****Timeskip cuz I'm lazy*****

Phew... after a while, I managed to finish everything.   The buildings, although still roughed up by the explosion, looked a bit more festive now.  Walking around in the Grimlands didn't feel like a nagging chore to clean up anymore, great.

Just then, I heard the sound of fireworks, then a loud crash. "Uh-!" I turned to see what had happened, expecting Sausage.

I was right.   Sausage lay there, rubbing his head as his wings were twitching a bit from the fall.
I hurried over, hoping he was at least alright.     "You alright there, bud-?" 

"Oh no worries!! I'm fine...-!"   

Still rubbing his head, he wobbly got up and faced me.  I looked at him, worried, but glad he was ok.    "Uhmmm- OK-"  Cut off by him again, "-I see you used my package!" Sausage said, looking at the decorating I did prior.    "Yeah I-" Cut off again!   "-It looks nice!"  He said happily, trotting himself over to one of the houses I decorated.   

A little kid was inside with his parents, the kid pointed to Sausage before hiding away, probably just shocked to see an Emperor.

Sausage chuckled at that, waving a quick hello to the people inside before turning back to me.
I heard a small click when he turned around.... hm.

Apparently Sausage heard it as well, since he bent down to see what made the click.

He moved his foot to see a broken shard of the same red crystal I saw before... strange.
Sausage shrugged it off, "okayy...? Well let's go back inside!" He said excitedly before murmuring to himself, "It's quite cold..-"  I nodded and lead him to my house, holding the door open for him.  

He smiled a thank you before walking inside before sitting on the couch next to me. Wrapping his wings around me, we talked and chatted... only for us to eventually fall asleep.

GEESUS I DID NOT EXPECT THIS STUPID LIL HOLIDAY CHAPTER TO BE SO LONG MY GOD!!
and it's not even the main holiday chapter lol.  Anyway hope you liked it! lil fun chapter.

Words: 755