Building A Team Part One: One Heart For The Team!

Using a hidden Quinjet from the HQ before it was blown up, the kids used the auto pilot feature to arrive to their first destination. Though it was odd to most of them that Yvonne knew exactly where their first target was located, it also made some sense to everyone. For one, it was potentially an old friend of Tony or one of their parents. Or for another possibility, someone that the Avengers had paid close attention to during missions with some pretty high potential. Either way, it was going to be someone that could be a huge help to them with their rescue mission. "Any idea on who we're searching for exactly?" Azuri asked Yvonne.

The blonde super soldier woman showed them two images in the quinjet screen. "Okay so first option is either this Rhodey guy who Stark has worked with for several years. Other one is some girl Stark took under his wing who seemed to be really smart. Smart enough to get an internship at Stark Industries." Yvonne explained while examining notes. "Either one would be extremely useful to us. One's got both military and armor experience so we could use the backup even more. The other could make even more suits to take them down too!" She added on trying to be as inspirational as her father.

Pym smiles upon hearing about both possible allies. "I kinda hope we get the girl to help us. Especially if she's anything like Tony!...with the suit crafting of course....." He shouted out like a little kid would.

Torunn rolled her eyes at the youngest of the children. Though she hated to admit it, he was right about that. If they wanted to stand even a small chance against these foes, they would need someone with technological advantages, expert knowledge on hacking, and powerful armored backup should Stark be busy. "I suppose you are correct with that. However, I just hope she'll be able to handle herself in a fight. We'll need as much expert help as possible." She said to them, being sure she was still being somewhat realistic about this.

Ekaterina nodded her head in agreement. But she then saw James behind them in the back of the ship. So she decided to go and check on him. "Are you alright? You seem rather distant." She asked him as she sat next to him.

James sighed while looking at Ekaterina, slightly annoyed by the last hour or so. "It's just...... Yvonne has been handed everything for as long as I can remember..... she'll most likely be a future leader of our team, which will lead to nothing but trouble.....while I've been working day and night to be even better....on my own for the most part." He admitted, doing his best to keep his cool.

The new girl relaxed while remaining seated. "You want to rescue the ones that were captured, and you think you can lead this team effectively?" She asked him, to which the red headed boy nodded. "It very much possible that is true. However, they seem to follow her. I do believe they will understand what you are trying to do. But until then, you just have to wait for that day. Perhaps it will come sooner than you expect. Or perhaps one of you isn't ready yet. Only time will tell." She advised while placing a hand on his shoulder.

James nodded his head, noticing that the Quinjet was landing in New York, on top of one of Tony's businesses. Pym was the first one to the window, staring at the building below them looking completely amazed by what he and the others were viewing. "This looks so cool! Tony built all this????" He shouted, sounding more excited than earlier.

Torunn and Azuri had to admit, it was very impressive looking. Deirdre was even surprised by it. But of course it looked amazing if Tony built it. On the other hand, they hadn't been outside of their HQ much, so it made sense as to why they were so invested. They soon stepped out of the jet, looking for any clue as to where either Rhodey or this other girl could be. They wouldn't have to wait long, since a figure in red and gold armor flew nearby, examining the quinjet that had landed outside. Whoever it was, didn't seem to like that they were here. The big clue. The fact that whoever was doing this aimed what appeared to be a repulsar blast at the jet. "Whoever you are, step out of the jet with your hands up." A woman's voice emerged from the armor.

Deirdre looked at Yvonne, waiting for a clue as to what to do. She wasn't entirely sure if she could trust James word on what to do, given his near rash idea earlier to rescue the older team members without a fully formed plan. "We shall follow your lead Yvonne." She told the blonde super soldier girl with respect.

Yvonne nodded her head at the others. "For now, we do as she asks. We can explain everything to her inside." Yvonne told her as she showed what appeared to be a secret file. Was this made by Steve? Tony? Perhaps both? What mattered now was that they were on the first stage of the plan and slowly left the jet as asked.

The iron woman lowered her blasters upon seeing..... "A bunch of children.....what are you all doing in this? How did you even get it?" She asked, her helmet slowly being removed automatically. Underneath it was a woman who looked to be about  fifteen, chocolate colored skin with curly hair.

Pym looked at this girl with amazement.....but also confusion. "That's her???? That's the girl Tony was talking about in these files???? She's not much older than us!" He said rather loudly, which the girl heard and was honestly rather confused.

However, as confused as she was, she couldn't help but feel flattered...and very humbled. "Tony has been paying attention? To me and my work?" She asked sounding rather surprised. "I mean I always hoped so but never imaged it would ever happen. What does he need? Can I help him with his technology?" She started to ask multiple questions all at once.

Yvonne stepped up to the girl, laughing softly at her boundless amounts of energy from all this happening at once. Though it was a good thing in her eyes because this would show just how much she could be a potential beml to everyone. "Well, that's the thing......we work with Tony....sort of. We live with him and the other Avengers....and....we need your help....." She admitted rather slowly.

The girl extended her hand, being as polite as possible about it. "Riri. Riri Williams.....Iron Heart." She introduced herself as both her true identity and her hero alias. "I..... mostly keep guard of Tony's stuff around New York." She added on, excited to see how she could be any help.

Yvonne nodded as she shook her hand. "A pleasure to meet you. Yvonne Rogers. Daughter of-"

"Oh I know. I....did a little research on the Avengers." Riri interrupted with a smile. "So.....what can I do for you?" She then asked curiously.

Yvonne smiled at her new future ally's enthusiasm. "It's.....kinda a lot to explain." She started off to try and ease Riri into everything they knew so far.

Yvonne took the time to explain everything that happened several hours ago, the battle at Avengers Headquarters, how Loki and Hydra were working together, the Avengers were all taken, and how they were all that were left for now. Riri absorbed all of this information and began to understand what was being asked if her. "So you want me to help you rescue the Avengers. Using my suit to fight along side you and one other member you want to find?" She asked to be sure she understood what was needed of her. When everyone confirmed it, she looked at Yvonne, a determined look in her face. "Where to?"

Not long after recruiting the newly gained Iron Heart, the team fly off in the quinjet, ready to potentially find their next ally to be. The rumored child of Hawkeye.

(Editor's note: a rather short chapter but things will begin to build up more. Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)