Trouble! Avengers vs Adaptoid!

Ekaterina was walking down the halls of the Headquarters ever since the battle ended, trying to gather her thoughts together. Like James, she felt that final battle against Hammer's drones was far too easy. They didn't seem to fight back nearly as much as they looked like they could. She immediately didn't trust that, thinking that this was some sort of trap. As she went to go find some information from her father, she saw James repeatedly watching something in the security room. Curious as to what she was doing, she steps inside, her footsteps as quiet as every, most likely out of habit from her training from Bucky and some others he may have been with. "You come here often?" She suddenly asked while walking up to her younger brother.

James turned his attention to Ekaterina when he heard her. "Oh- hi Ekateri- erm, sis. Sorry I didn't hear you come in." He said rather awkwardly.

The red headed young girl gave him a rather serious look, shrugging off his apology. "No big deal. Old habit of mine I must break. Sneaking in on people the way I did." She admitted before seeing what he was watching. "What are you doing?" She then asked curiously.

James laughed rather awkwardly. "You're going to think I'm crazy or something....but something about that fight with those drones felt suspicious to me." He admitted to her in confidence.

Ekaterina stared at James with visible confusion on her face. "Why would I think you're crazy? I agree with you." She asked him, even more confused by his comment.

At first, the super soldier son was bewildered to hear someone agree with him. More often than not, he'd have to persuade everyone to listen to him, or give him the benefit of the doubt. "Oh....well uhhh..... there's a little more to it.....after the fight ended, I could've sworn I heard something nearby. But I couldn't see what it was...."

"-and you think Stark's cameras outside the base will help you find them." She finished his sentence, immediately understanding what he was getting at. "It is very much possible you're right. But what do you think it is?" She then asked, curious by his theories.

The young boy shrugged his shoulders, indicating he had no true answers yet. "It could be anything. Something spying on us, a weapon that malfunctioned....with Hammer being a tech guy, who knows?" He said simply. He then played the video feed again, soon changing the camera setting to see more, whether invisible or not. Not long after letting the footage play, he saw a rather large robot shape, forming to get slightly larger in mass. "I think I've found our threat!" James says with pride in himself.

Ekaterina lightly patted his shoulder, very happy for her little brother, and very impressed with his enginuity. Sure he wasn't as tech savvy as some of the others, but he was smart in other ways, and it showed. "So what exactly is it?" She then asked James with a raised eyebrow.

"Good question....." he murdered while looking up some files to find something that was as big as that of what was in the video feed, or at the very least, a similar shape. It soon found something that was a similar shape, and studied exactly what it was. "Oh no......then....." He said with genuine concern before sprinting off.

The older sister was visibly confused now by his actions. "James? What is it? What's the matter?" She asked him with a little worry, and confusion at the same time. She then looked at what he was reading. The mech that had him worried was called "the Adaptoid." What an unusual name for this thing, but she was on curiously. As she read on, she saw something about it that caught her eye. Immediately upon reading it, she could see exactly why James was so frantic earlier. She sprinted after her brother, hoping that the two would find them all in time to warn the others before it was too late.

Meanwhile, the rest of the children were spending time watching television in the main entertainment room, enjoying an action movie to pass the time. Since they didn't have any missions yet, and they had finished training earlier, they decided to take the rest of the day to relax. Even though James had told them to train every day to work on some teamwork or else just exercise, everyone was feeling rather lazy. Except for Hawkeye, but he was going to be training with his parents anyway. Pym glanced around to see if James was anywhere nearby. "Hey, has anybody seen James or Ekaterina?" He suddenly asked them.