The Avengers Expand! Learning Secrets and Entering War!

The team had gotten back to their headquarters hours ago and each crashed in their own rooms. Everyone of course, except for James and Deirdre. Deirdre was trying to sleep, but her anger had kept her awake. Or else the adrenaline, either way, she couldn't find herself able to sleep. So she got out of bed to try and get a drink of water or something. She'd see that Steve was awake, but busy with something that seemed rather important so she moved on. As she was headed to the kitchen, she'd see a red headed child sitting on the couch, staring at the television that wasn't even on. This honestly made her a little concerned, so she decided to check in on him. "You know, it's important to get sleep." She teased as she sat next to him.

James chuckled at her as he sat more comfortably for him. "You're one to talk." He retorted teasingly while staring at his gauntlet next. "Guessing you can't sleep either?" He then asked without looking at her.

Deirdre nodded, confirming his suspicions on his guess as she stared at the ground. "Aye. I was thinking about that group....this Hydra you speak of. I am starting to understand why your father had such trouble with them back in his days in this .. World War 2." She told him. She was able to tell he stared at her in disbelief that she knew about The second world war. "Uncle Thor had told me stories about the Avengers." She told him answering the question he wasn't asking. "So what's on your mind? Why can't you sleep?" She finally asked,  not wanting to talk about her experiences with Hydra....at least not yet.

James sighed while slightly glancing at her. Though he was mostly looking at the blank TV. "It's just.....I wanted to be just like my dad. But I know he was angry and just wanting me out of his way.....I want to show him that I'm capable of helping him and fight just like him.....but he constantly won't let me.....he constantly tries to protect me.....I don't know if I'll ever be able to live up to his expectations." He said feeling down on himself.

Deirdre listened to James speak and understood where he was coming from. She used to feel that same way toward her own father before today. Wanting him to be more proud of her and her abilities, as well as the path she had chosen, but that never happened for her. Sure, she'd get some from her mom, but that was different somehow. She could just tell how vulnerable James felt behind his usually tough guy facade and positive attitude. "Ki-......James, your dad is proud of you. He just wants to be sure you're safe that he let that take control of his actions. He was overprotective, but I truly believe that he'll see how much you've grown into a strong, capable young man." She told him honestly.

James started at Deirdre, listening to what she had to say. He had to be honest though, he wasn't expecting a compliment from her. He genuinely anticipated an insult from her, for her to call him weak for feeling the way he did. "Yeah.....I know he does......I just really want to help him now more than ever because of what's coming ahead for mom, dad and everyone else." He said honestly.

The red headed Asgardian sat a little closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. As she felt it, she could feel how surprisingly solid his shoulder was, especially for a mortal. No wonder he was able to handle himself against the army Hydra had.....but she soon regained her focus and was able to say what she wanted to say to him. "If he doesn't allow us to, we'll do it ourselves anyway to show the world the Avengers are bigger and stronger than ever before. Something we cannot do without you to lead us." She told him honestly while looking into his eyes.

James looked back into hers as well, soon nodding his head in response to her encouraging words. "Alright I'll have your back then....as well as everyone else's." He stated boldly.

Deirdre smiled at the red headed boy while seeing him look ready to take on Hydra. She then rubbed the back of her head with an awkward smile. "James.....I'm sorry.....I misjudged you, and treated you as someone that was disrespectful and hateful, something I immensely regret." She said to him with some shame.