Attack Of Atlantis! Defending The Land And Sea!

Three days passed, and the Avengers had trained together to be a far more effective team than they ever were. They weren't quite perfect yet, but they at least were more of a team, and working in various combinations. The most prominent ones so far were James and Deirdre though. With his more nimble moves and skills combined with her strength and expertise using her axe, they showed that they could work together in style. While they wanted to go and find more of the allies that Steve and Tony had planned for, along with most of the other Avengers, they knew they had a lot of work to to in order to be of use to take down Hydra. Which was why one of the training methods was to work with arial combat. Wearing gauntlets that forced them to float in the air, the kids all struggled to fight forces that seemed to naturally float like it was where they lived. However, Torunn didn't even seem to struggle much with this given her natural ability to fly. Neither did Pym or Riri though. But it did help that they could already fly around, so they were far more used to it.

Thankfully, the natural flyers were able to teach their normally grounded friends by giving them tips and tricks to get adjusted. Hawkeye was quick to figure this out, and was already aiming his arrows with perfect precision. Or at the very least, mostly perfect that would work in his favor still. With James, he started to get the hang of it from watching Deirdre start to learn very quickly. With his quick learning skills, the Young super soldier was able to adapt and learn what he had to do much quicker than most of the others.

The only one to truly struggle with this was Azuri. After all, he couldn't fly like his mother could. He wasn't even sure if he had any of her powers. He never had the time to even learn everything, just how to use the abilities from his father's side. But he was definitely trying to get better with it, despite his struggles. Thankfully, like James, the young Black Panther cub was able to learn by watching his allies, like Torunn and Pym. With his quick learning, Azuri was almost as good as James, and of course Ekaterina was learning as fast as James, with Yvonne following up with them easily.

After what felt like five hours, the team left the training room to wipe off sweat, or to drink some water to hydrate. Deirdre looked over at James, who didn't look too tired yet. But of course not. She knew he was used to working out and training hard to get stronger and better. She walked up to him and patted his shoulder with respect. "Gotta admit you're learning fast. I thought it'd take you a little longer to get adjusted." She lightly teased with a smirk.

James couldn't help but laugh at her joke before turning to face her. "It's kinda like swimming in a way. Only without the water weighing you down constantly." He slightly joked as well, but trying to teach her how he was learning so fast. "Just getting used to fighting in different environments so they can't surprise us every moment they can." He told her as he set his water down on the table.

Yvonne walked in on their conversation and wrapped her arms around them both. "Right. Because who knows when we'll be fighting in space or something. If aliens are attacking we may have to go out there one day to fight them off." She added on to James's point. "it may not happen, but better to be safe than sorry."

Ekaterina smiled at her little sister, proud that she was learning as quickly as she was. Maybe she wasn't leader material, but she was definitely able to learn as fast as her brother in a lot of ways.

James then looks at Deirdre with a curious expression on his face. "Though I was wondering something.....why didn't you shape shift into something?" He then asked, realizing she didn't turn into any animal during the training.

Deirdre placed her axe over her shoulder without fear of hurting herself with it. She stood by tall and proud of her abilities currently. "I want to learn to fight similarly to you. I mean.... without having to rely on all my powers at once. I want to be a skilled warrior, not just a mighty one." She admitted, showing she had learned a lesson through fighting the Adaptoid before.