Special

The moment that the words come out of my mouth I regret them, not because I don't mean them, of course I do . But Garrick's sharp intake of breath at them doesn't fill me with all of the confidence in the world. He doesn't say anything and the silence is killing me, so I take this opportunity to fully insert my foot into my mouth.
"I'm sorry. But, I'm not sorry at the same time. I care about you, Garrick and I think that it's wrong not to tell someone you care about them. Especially when everytime you and Xaden fly off somewhere you could not come back. "

Garrick finally rolls off of me onto my bed and I think that he is going to run, but instead he shifts us around so that he is laying in my narrow bed and I am laying on top of him, head on his chest.
When he finally speaks his voice cracks a bit, "I care about you too, Maeve. I can't deny that anymore.You are the first thought that enters my mind everyday and the last thing I think about at night before my dreams take me, and you even haunt me there. But, I can't give you what you want."
"Oh really," I say arching my eyebrows up at him, "Please tell me exactly what I want, Garrick Tavis. I'm dying to know."
Garrick sighs, "You know, the house with the kids and the stability and all of that. Things girls want."
I can't help myself but laugh despite Garrick's glare at me, "You sure have me pegged. Yup, that is exactly what I want, and exactly why I joined the rider's quadrant."
Garrick rolls his eyes, "Why did you join the rider's quadrant, if you don't mind me asking?"

I grow quiet for a moment, gathering my thoughts before answering. "My little sisters. I joined for myself, yes, because I knew from an early age that I wanted nothing to do with the life that my parents expected of me, but I joined more for them than anything. You know who my dad is, there are five of us girls and well, they just kept trying for a boy. An heir that never came. So, they decided that their daughters would be the pawns to bring more money, fame, and control to their name. My eldest sister Ashe was married to one of the highest ranking infantry officers at the time when she was 19. He was 15 years her senior and the gifts he sent my family arrived for two straight days. Next was Bea, she was betrothed to the town's lawyer at 17, though they did not officially wed until just after her 20th birthday. There were some claims against my father and his finances that miraculously went away shortly before the wedding. By my 18th birthday I knew that I was on borrowed time, so I sat both of my parents down one night and I told them that I would not be marrying any man of their choosing and that the moment I turned 20, with or without their consent, I was heading to Basgaith."

"What did they say?" Garrick asks, stroking my hair. "
"My father slapped me." I feel Garrick stiffen beneath me, "It's ok. It wasn't the first time."
"No," Garrick grumbles. "But it was the last."
I smile up at him and rub my hand up and down his stubbly cheek. He needs a shave, but I'd be lying if I said that the stubble hadn't felt amazing between my legs moments ago.
"Yes it was. My father told me he wasn't going to have one of his daughter's whoring it around the rider's quadrant and never spoke to me again. My mother tried for the next few years to convince me to stay, but even she eventually gave up."
Garrick's touch is soothing on my side as I speak, "You don't want your younger sisters to end up like your older sisters?"
I nod, "In a nutshell, yes. I'm terrified that they will be forced into marriages before I graduate, and I don't even have a plan for after yet."
"We will come up with one." Garrick answers, easing my mind.

His use of the word "we" makes my heart skip and I snuggle in closer to his warm body heat.
'I don't need promises, Garrick. I had them from Soren and they didn't end up meaning shit. I just want you while you're here. I want you in my bed and in my heart, the rest we can figure out along the way."
Garrick squeezes me in tight, "You're the most incredible person I've ever met. You know that?"
"I mean, duh. Have you seen the company you keep?" I say cheekily and dissolve into a fit of giggles as Garrick flips me onto my back and mercilessly tickles me. The tickling leads to more kissing, and I can honestly say that nothing has ever felt as right as being with Garrick. It makes me braver than I normally would be.

I take my time exploring Garrick's chest and abs, casually making my way lower while we kiss. He's giving me encouraging grunts and moans that make me feel weightless. When I reach the edge of his flight pants I fumble with all of the belts and buttons and Garrick happily assists me.
Before allowing me to slide them down Garrick stops me, "Are you sure? We can stop at any time."
I know without a shadow of a doubt Garrick would stop mid stroke if I asked him to so I nod my head vigorously and he lets me slide his pants down his legs. There is a lot of skin being revealed and I revel in it. His legs are a work of art, with bulging rippling muscles that make him look like some sort of marble statue. I run my hands up his thighs and come to the short briefs that he wears under his flight pants. Tentatively, I remove them and then Garrick is just as naked as I am.

I've grown up in a house with a noble father and six women, so my experience with the male anatomy is pretty slim. The majority of my experience comes from my time with Soren, so I'm taken aback as Garrick stretches his naked frame out on my small bed. I crawl up his body so that I am sitting on his lower thighs, taking in the vision of him. His stomach doesn't contain the perfectly etched abs that I've seen on some of the riders, it's a bit softer but leads to a perfect V of muscle that leads south to an intimidating penis. I shouldn't be surprised, everything on Garrick is larger than Soren, so science should've warned me. But I still tremble slightly as I reach forward to try to wrap my fingers around his hardness.
Garrick sucks in a breath through gritted teeth, and I appreciate that I affect him as much as he affects me.

I let Garrick's moans and broken words talk me through what he likes and how to make him feel as good as he made me feel. I learn what noises I can draw out of him by going faster, or slower; harder or softer. Before long Garrick's back is bowing on the bed and he reaches down to catch as much of his come as he can in his hand, rather than let it spray all over my bed. I sit back on my heels and wipe the hair out of my face that has plastered there with sweat while Garrick grabs the cadet shirt that I had previously taken off.
"You'll get new shirts in the morning anyways, " He says as he cleans himself up.
After cleaning up the mess we made, Garrick pats his chest and I lower myself back down into a prime snuggling position.
"That was amazing," I say, hoping that he agrees.
"That was ... I don't even have a word. Amazing doesn't seem to cut it."
"Stupendous?" I ask laughing.
Garrick shakes his head smiling.
"Wondrous?"
Again Garrick shakes his head.
I sigh happily and kiss the spot on Garrick's chest next to my head, "Special?"
"Ya, I think it felt very special." Garrick finally agrees.

I look out my window and groan as I see light beginning to peer in.
"You've got a few hours until formation, close your eyes, I'll make sure you're up." Garrick replies to my groan.
"What about you, don't you need to sleep?" I ask followed by a yawn.
Garrick looks off almost distantly before replying, "I don't sleep that much."
I make a note to myself to ask him more about that later, but there is no way I can stay awake right now, my eyes feel unbearably heavy.
"Hey, Maeve?" Garrick says, catching me just before I go under.
"Mmmhmm." Is the only reply I can give.
"I won't make you any promises that I won't keep. If I promise you something, unlike Soren, you can bet your life on it."
"I know... amazing ... mmm... amazing tongue....." I say sleepily letting sleep take me, as Garrick chuckles and kisses the top of my head.

Far too soon, I wake to the feeling of Garrick delicately rolling out of my bed. I lay there and watch him as he gathers his things, dressing in the bright sunlight. He winks at me when he notices I'm awake and leans over the bed to give me a kiss before he is gone.
"I need to check in with Xaden, but I'll see you at the first meal."
I nod sleepily and watch him go, before hopping from the bed and heading to Violet's room. She whips open the door and raises her eyebrows at my rumpled appearance.
"I need your help with something." I tell her before dragging her back to my room to plan.