7. A spark in the dark

I live in a huge colony, with many buildings, different sectors and different blocks.

It's mostly filled with students on rent, and they're mostly from my college itself.

To avoid the hassle, I ask Gojo to leave me at the gate of the colony.

"You sure you wanna get off here? I could take you in" he said.

"Nah, it's fine. It's only a 2 minute walk from here. Taking a car will only take longer." I reply.

I could see that he hesitates and opens his mouth to say something, but stops himself.

Another one of those "I wish I could read your mind" moments.
"Okay, then" he says.

I open the car door and get out. I hold the door and lean inside.

"Thank you so much" I say, smiling.
He returns the smile.

"Bye then " he says, before driving off.

_________________________________________

"I'm sorry, I must've forgotten" he'd said.

Did he, though?

The next day....

I enter the auditorium, where the band had been practicing for the next function.

I swear, the entire budget of the college went to the auditorium. That's the only place they put some effort in constructing.

Miyo approaches me.

"Y/n, I'm gonna need you to bring Ino here. He was supposed to show up for today's rehearsal but I heard he's still hanging out with his friends. I'm gonna need you to go to library and bring his ass here"

"Ino? The newcomer from block b?" I ask.

She nods.
....

I feel frustrated as I make my way to the library, thankful they didn't change it's location.

I wasn't ready for another excursion yet.

It makes me panic and shit. Wandering around in an enormous college with endless hallways and useless students who themselves don't know what they're doing or where they're going.

I enter the library and look around for the familiar face.
I think I recall the guy wearing a black beanie and looking sleep deprived.

I honestly relate.

The library was enormous, but nobody really came here to read books or study anymore.

It had literally become a place you'd come to if you wanted to spend your time by wasting it.

Even the librarian doesn't try anymore.

She's given up on life.

Man, fuck dem kids, she thinks to herself everytime random students raised their voices.

I finally spot a hint of a black beanie and instantly make my way to that table.

"INO- YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE AUDITORIUM ABOUT AN HOUR AG-" I freeze as I see Gojo staring at me from beside Ino, inquisitively.

"SHIT, I'm sorry, I dragged him here. This idiot didn't tell me even once that it was important for him to be there in auditorium. I thought he was a replacement for a replacement." Gojo says, getting up from his seat and making his way to me.