14. A super convenient coincidence

"Open ur door" is the last message I read before I rush to door, unaware of what awaits me.

Is he...?...no. That's not possible.

I unlock the door,
And lo behold, there in front of my eyes, with his phone in his hand, with a look of utmost anticipation, was Gojo Satoru. Leaning against his door, looking impatient.

"No fucking way" I say, facepalming.

"I swear, I had no clue you lived here, in this exact sector, block and on this exact floor" he says, and I mentally recall if I ever told him my exact address.

No, I was interrupted the last time I tried to bring it up.

Plus Shoko had never been to my apartment, we'd only been friends for the last 4 months, and we'd usually just hang out in the campus, or meet outside at some restaurant.
She only knew the colony I lived in.
Nothing more, nothing less.

So there's actually no way he would've known.

I make myself cringe at the thought that it was maybe fate that led to this specific situation, but I knew it was merely a coincidence. Something that isn't a rare occasion.
We both lean against our doors, not speaking for a moment, just taking the weight of the situation in.

He runs his fingers through his overgrown hair, and let's out a half chuckle and half sigh. He leans his head down, looking at the floor, and I, as if in a trance, do the same.

His voice sounds mesmerizing.

But then, as I snap back into reality, the truth sinks in.

Now, there is no way,
NO way, that I'm gonna get over him.

It's only gonna get worse from now on.
I can already see the future unfolding beyond my eyes.

And frankly, I think I've seen this film before.
And I didn't like the ending.
_____________________

"Hey, how didn't you notice that someone moved in right across from your apartment for the last three days?" he asks me, making me look up at him.

I try to recall if I'd heard or felt anything.

"Yeah, I mean, I did hear some faint noises of - I assume furniture being moved around? I had no clue you were gonna move in here- that too, so soon. So I just assumed the neighbors upstairs were moving around their stuff. Plus I was in bed all day, unaware of what happened outside" I say

"Understandable " he says.

"Well anyways, I'm gonna head back in. I'll see you around. Take some rest"
he says, moving inside his apartment and closing the door behind him, as I watched it all.

I head back in, and almost have a panic attack.
The "cool" facade I had been putting on wasn't able to keep up with my feelings anymore.
Whatever they were, anyway.

I rush to my mirror and stare at myself. I look so messy- he had to see me like this?
Is that why he went back inside?

Oh my God. Satoru lives right across me.

Like- right there.

Shit.

The weird feeling I get in my chest whenever he's around started floating up to the surface.

But honestly, I feel stupid again.
It's not even that big of a deal for him.
These blocks are filled with the students from my college, some of them are bound to be neighbors. I'm just overreacting. Anyone could be in place of me.

I'll mind my business, and he'll mind his.

Everything is gonna be the same.
I need to pull myself together.
He probably doesn't even care about it.

_______________________

As I head into my kitchen to grab a glass of water, I hear my doorbell ring, and I had a strong feeling it was him.

I checked my phone to see if there were any texts from him, and am met with nothing.

I rush to my mirror, and fix my hair and clothes.

I open the door , and see Satoru standing outside.
He'd taken off his jacket and was just in a grey t-shirt and black oversized cargos.

He looked great.
His hair was all messed up, and he was holding his glasses in his hands.

"Do you want the notes from today? Since you had to leave after half of the day" he says.

"Oh, yeah sure. That would be great" I say.

"Wait right here " he says, while backing off into his apartment.

He left the door open, and I peak inside to see his neat and clean apartment..

He had plenty of plants, he even had a moneyplant right outside his door.

I wanted to see more, I wanted to learn more.

I wanted to know more about Gojo Satoru...

He comes back outside, with his notebooks in his hand.

I take the notebooks from him.

"Thank you so much"

"You're welcome. I'll get going now" he says, but before he could go back inside-

"Hey, do you maybe wanna come inside for some coffee? If you aren't too busy right now" I say, before I could stop myself and shut the fuck up.

What am I doing right now?
He stops in his tracks and turns around.

"Of course" he says, with a bright smile.

I get butterflies again.

But wait- wasn't he supposed to be getting coffee with the other girls right now? Why was he here ?

                           ********