25. Leave me alone!!

"So, you excited about this trip?" He asks, adjusting his shades and grinning at me.

I look around in panic.

SHOKO. WHERE'S SHOKO. THERE'S NO WAY I'LL SIT NEXT TO THIS MAN FOR THE NEXT FOUR HOURS. NO WAY.

" Uh , yeah " I reply awkwardly as I soon outside the window.

" I was actually saving this seat for Shoko" I say.

"Oh, is that so?" Gojo says, raising an eyebrow.

I nod.

"That's too bad then. I guess I'll just go" he says.

I sigh internally in relief.

But just as he was gonna leave-

"Yo! Satoru! It's okay, I'll sit next to Suguru. You go ahead."

"Wha-"
"Well well. I guess we have no problem then" Gojo says, sitting back down.

I don't look at him.

This is not good for me.

I start feeling anxious out of nowhere.

Gojo hums a random song and leans back on the seat, his arms folded behind his head.

I try not to stare at him. But it was hard not to appreciate the view.

Damn. I sound like a pervert.

Hang in there, y/n. We'll get through this without things getting awkward. And we can always kill Shoko later.

Yep. So far, so good. Nothing is awkward as of now.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Gojo asks, abruptly interrupting my inner thoughts.

Okay, stay cool. Stay calm. Pretend like you're being nonchalant right now.

I turn around, fully ready to say something "cool" like "why do you care?" .

But as soon as I turn, I find him looking at me intently, through those glasses.

And I can't help but suddenly feel conscious.

"Y- yes i-- I do" I stammer.

I stammered like a fucking idiot.

GODDAMMIT.
WHAT DID I JUST DO!?!?

I groan in sheer annoyance, and slowly turn around, unable to stop my face from letting everyone know I was cringing hard.

Gojo, who had now leaned to the front of his seat, against the seat ahead of him, leaned back again, and removed his eyes from me to outside the window.

I felt so stupid. If I can't even say a few damn words properly, how the actual hell am I gonna be all "nonchalant " and "cool".

So I guess I have to screw that. It won't work at ALL.

   I'm overthinking. I just shut down ny internal thoughts for a while, and just lean back and look out the window.

The driver gets in, and announces the beginning of the trip.

Cheering erupts.

The bus starts moving, and I suddenly find myself feeling a little drowsy.

That's right. I couldn't sleep at all last night, in anticipation of the trip.

I put my earphones in, and try not to feel the awkward silence that surrounded our seats.

  The entire bus was noisy, everybody was chatting, but only the two of us were sitting dead silent.

Should I maybe start a conversation with this guy? Or just shut up and wait till he does?

    Ugh.

I just play songs from my playlist, and close my eyes.
  Yes, sleep is the only way out of this hell.

It was a four- hour bus ride, and there was no way I could survive through it without falling asleep.

  As I initially felt uncomfortable sleeping in a noisy bus, in an uncomfortable seat, I find myself slowly drifting to sleep.

    ......

After seeing some sort of weird psychological thriller in my dream, I slowly came back to the real world, still having difficulty opening my eyelids. 

    I see someone's hand in front of me, and that person was playing some sort of game on their phone.

  But wait, it looks like I am playing the game.

  Why am i so close?

Huh?

I finally open my eyes, to see that it was Gojo's hand, and my head,
MY HEAD WAS PLACED ON HIS SHOULDER.

I panic a little, and notice that his other hand was around my shoulder.

I jerk away, suddenly alerting Gojo.

"Wha- why was I-" I stammered, still processing what just happened.

He had been playing a game with one hand, with his other hand around me.

  Why did he let me drift off on his shoulder?

"Uh- your head kinda fell on my shoulder as you  were falling asleep, and i just didn't wanna wake you up" he says, awkwardly keeping his phone away.

   "I'm sorry- it must have been uncomfortable " I say, feeling embarrassed.

How do I keep bothering this man? 

"It's alright. I didn't mind." He says.

I just nod and look away, feeling embarrassed again.

  Again, I wish I could see what he was actually thinking.
    Why do my powers not work when I really need them?

  "By the way.." he says,
"Yeah?"

"You talk when you sleep" he completes.

Oh hell no. Now I wanna jump off this bus.

"What the- did I say something embarrassing?" I ask, already wanting to disappear from the face of the world.

He nods.

I grimace.

"Yeah. Something about- "gojo- just leave me alone!" He says, changing his pitch to sound like me.

  He begins laughing slightly, and as he sees my cringing expression, he tries to cover his mouth.

   "Hey I'm just messing with you" he says, still laughing .

   I can't help, but laugh too.

Seeing him laugh made everything i feel anxious and worried about fade away into oblivion.

                                ***********