10. Late autumn roads

We walked out of the campus engaging in random conversations.

We talked about our favourite songs, artists, our hobbies, our interests-
And the path back home had never looked so beautiful before.

I wonder why that is?

It was late autumn, and all the leaves that had fallen gracefully on the streets seemed to catch my attention for the first time.

Why had I never noticed how serene the area outside our campus was before?

Gojo looks at me when he asks me something, but I wasn't quite in the state of letting the words sink in.

They floated away from me, and I look into his eyes.

They were a majestic shade of blue, and it made me feel like I could drown in them.

He's so gorgeous it physically hurts me.

It hurts me that he's not mine.
Wait what?

What did I just-

He stares into my eyes and I feel like I've been transported into another dimension.

But then I suddenly notice something.

I'm able to see his eyes?

I always see him with glasses on when I look at him from a distance.
Whenever he's with someone else.

That's why I'm so taken aback everytime I see his eyes when he's with me.

I have literally not seen him without his glasses when he's with someone else.

_________________________________

I must've looked like I was in deep thought, because Gojo stops in his tracks.

He stands in front of me and leans down.

"Hey, what's wrong? Everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah yeah, I was just zoning out, sorry for that"

He smiles at me.

"Your eyes are so beautiful" I say, unable to stop the words from leaving my mouth.

Fuck.
That's so corny, he probably hears that a 1000 times a day.

"I'm glad you think so. But I find your eyes to be more beautiful than anyone else's", he says, smiling like what he said didn't just have an adverse effect on me.

He keeps speaking, and im suddenly in a state where I'm unable to move or speak.

"Like seriously, I remember when I saw your eyes for the first time, and I was like 'damn'. You're probably used to hearing this though, right?" He says, now turning away from me with a grin plastered on his space.

He's just being friendly, I tell myself.

"The hell, thank you haha. I'm surprised you think so"
________________________________

We reach through gate of the colony I live in, and I was about to say bye, when he starts talking.

"Hey, can you show me around? I'm looking for a place to live in that's nearby, I wanna see if the facilities inside are convenient. Nothing much, I'll just see what being inside is like, and then I'll take off. I live really far away, and I dont wanna wake up that early in the morning, you know"

"Yeah, sure" I say.

Please choose to live inside this colony, I think to myself.

Stop. No.

I show him around the colony, showing him the stores inside for basic groceries, stationary stores, the spaces provided for parking under every building, and the rest of the basic stuff.

He seemed to be considering it.
But as I've said before, this man is hard to read.

It felt unreal, having him be right beside me, having to not worry about reading a thought of theirs which clashed with the impression I'd formed of them, not having to stress upon every next word I say, in the fear of it being interpreted differently in their minds.

It felt so nice.

Just him and I.

It doesn't mean anything, yet I hold on to lingering hope, that maybe one day

it would.

I keep showing him around, as he nods along to every word I say.

Does he even care about what I'm saying?

I was about to explain the internal structures of the apartments, but he starts speaking.

"You have been avoiding me for the last few days, am I right?" He says, with a tone which implied that my response wouldn't change his mind.

I look down at my feet.
"No, what makes you think so?"

He sighs and looks away, which confirmed my theory.

"Nevermind" he says.

"By the way, which block do you live in?"he asks.
"Block-"

"SATORU!" a female voice from behind us boomed.

We both turned around, confused.

"Oh, hey Mei Mei" Gojo says.

She calls him by his first name.

They must be close.

********