My Benefactor Chapter Seven

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Seven
Picture on the side is Rebecca (model Herika De Noronha)

Please vote, like, fan and comment.

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

***************

(Reagan's POV)

I heaved a big relieved sigh as the final bell rang, letting us know school was over for the day. I stuffed my books in my backpack and stood up, walking out of the room, ready to head out of this hell hole.

Walking on a snail place, my mind drifted to Derek. He acted rather strange and aloof when he had taken me out for lunch. It was a sweet gesture but, the sudden change of his body language was unnerving. What had me baffled though was that it happened after he met Bryson. Especially the part where they shook their hands, and the way they stared at each other was as though they were having an internal conversation. I thought I knew what was there to know about Derek, since I had lived with him for two years, but I couldn't help but think he was withholding something from me.

Not bothering to stop by my locker, I exited school and went straight to the parking lot. My mood had abruptly changed from brooding to irritation, as I saw Ciara and Bryson leaning casually at my car. Not only that, freaking Bryson was necking her. Oh the joy, I thought irritably.

I approached the horny necking duo and cleared my throat to get their attention. They jumped a mile high and looked at me, blushing from embarrassment, "Uh... next time you guys can't contain yourselves, please avoid having a threesome with my car. You can jump at each other by getting a room." I said with a scowl on my face.

Ciara grinned mischievously at Bryson, "That's not a bad idea. Why don't we get a room, baby, and have some fun?"

Bryson sneak a peek at my face then looked at Ciara uncomfortably, "Um, baby I think that's--" but I cut him off mid-sentence.

"Do you guys want something from me or are you just here for a necking exhibition? Not that I care, since it's none of my business on what you do on your alone time, but has it occured to you that I'm not really that ho-ho-santa-jolly right now or," I paused for effect, "does the word 'respect' ring a bell to you, Ciara Lockwell?"

That wiped out the flirty look on her face.

Bryson let out a small sigh and gave me a sheepish look, "I'm sorry about that Reagan, but to be honest, you don't have the right to react that way. Ciara and I are a couple. We can do stuff like that."

I surreptitiously looked at Ciara. She had that smug look on her face, truimphant that her precious boyfriend came to her rescue.

I flailed my arms in the air exasperated, "Yeah, well, you may have a point but, really? Necking while leaning on my car? Yes, you are entitled to act lovey-dovey like a peck on the lips, or hugging, that I can tolerate but, having to see you guys jumping at each other is awkward enough. Can't you see the pattern here? If the situation were reversed, how would you feel?"

He was in deep thought and after awhile, he sighed, "I guess I would be okay with it, but you're right, it would be awkward considering our circumstances." He stepped forward to give me a hug,"I'm sorry, Reagan, for being an jerk."

I chuckled slightly, my irritation subsiding, "You've been an ass Malty. I'm used to it." I patted his back in a friendly way. He released me from his arms and beamed at me.

"Hey! You called me Malty. It's been awhile I haven't heard that nickname you gave me."

I chuckled at the memory when I deemed him that name, "Yeah, you were 15 at that time. You were obsessed with Malteesers. You practically inhaled those chocolate balls."

He laughed, "Aw come on! Malteesers are the best! Unlike you puddycat, your obssession for pudding puzzles me." He said, shaking his head.

I glared at him playfully, "Pudding is the bomb. Fo shizzle. And ugh! I hate that nickname. I'm sure you got that from a yellow canary looney tune character. What's the name of that bird?" I asked, snapping my fingers to recall.

He tapped his chin then he snapped his fingers remembering, "Tweety bird!" he exclaimed. We both laughed hysterically then covered it with a cough as we looked at a scowling Ciara.

Oops.

I shifted my feet uncomfortably,"Uh, so... haha... is there something you guys would uh..." I squeaked, unsure what to say next.

Ciara cleared her throat,"Since you both are done reminiscing down memory lane," she said the last part with disdain,"Bryson and I thought we three should hang out. You know, eat and talk; we have a lot of catching up to do."

"That's not a bad idea. I'm hungry anyway, so how about we eat at the La Jolla strip?"

She gasped, "But the restaurants there are insanely expensive! Are you sure you can afford it? Bryson and I will pay for you. We don't mind."

Was that an insult?

To prove a point, I took out my unlimited platinum credit card, not in Derek's name, but in my name, and flashed it in front of Ciara's face. Yeah, I'm cool like that, but with the help of Derek anyway.

I grinned, "Don't worry. I got it covered. My treat."

"Is that an unlimited platinum credit card? And oh my gosh! It's under your name too!" She stared at it with envy.

I chuckled, "Yeah. Now come on. You riding with me or you have your own car?"

She shook her head,"No. Bryson's car broke down so our limo driver took the liberty of driving us to school."

I shrugged, "Alright. You can ride with me."

She grinned, "Shotgun!" she yelled, calling dibs first because she noticed Bryson was about to yell out as well. I think she did that on purpose.

We all climbed into my car then I glanced at them, "I suggest you buckle up. It's going to be a one heckuva ride."

They looked at me puzzled. I rolled my eyes then started the car, "Suit yourself." I muttered.