My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Six

A Love That Kills

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Twenty Six
Video on the side is the book trailer :-)

Enjoy! (no proofreading done)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(Reagan's POV)

'Honey, wake up,' a voice resonated in my head.

I groaned softly. Who in their right mind was crazy enough to wake me up telepathically?

'Sweetheart, it's me. Your dad. Rise and shine.'

Oh boy. My dad was just as bad as Cooper. The two of them would make a great 'lets annoy Reagan' team. I could feel it in my bones.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and was greeted by a gorgeous man who was still asleep.

Derek.

His six-foot-two body wrapped around my five-foot-seven frame was something I'd started to get used to. It felt natural to have his body pressed up against mine, his long, sculpted limbs curled around mine and muscular arms wrapped around my upper torso like a cocoon. I felt safe, secured and protected.

God, I sound so cheesy.

'Reagan?'

I rolled my eyes. 'Dad, I'm awake,' I replied then remembered about his injury. 'How's your wound?'

'It's okay now. It healed nicely. Don't worry.'

'Are you sure?' I asked, wanting to be sure that he was okay, though he was a Galerian.

'Yes, I'm alright,' he replied.

I blew out a soft sigh of relief. 'Good. What time is it?'

'It's 11:00 o'clock in the morning.'

My eyes bugged out. 'Whoa,' Damn. I was never one for sleeping in. Maybe I was that exhausted. 'Are Cooper and Ryder awake?' I asked but managed to do an eye roll. Of course Cooper was already awake. For a pureblood he sure was an early riser.

'Yes, honey. Now get ready. We need to figure out how to open that cylinder. We'll be at Derek's room in 15 minutes.'

Shoot! I needed to leave before my dad sees me in here. Derek was adamant about my decision in not sharing a room together. He was concerned about my nightmares, but he needed to understand that even though my dad hadn't been around in my life, he was entitled to go holy fricken bananas, especially when his daughter was snuggling up with a guy. A hot one might I add. But right now, this position we were in was a definite 'freak out' material.

'Okay,' I replied in confirmation.'See you in a few. Hugs and Smoochies.'

I could detect a hint of amusement in his reply. ' Hugs and Smoochies?'

I laughed, but tried to reign it in. I might go full on guffawing like a donkey and it's not one of my endearing qualities.'Yeah, daddy. It stands for X O, since it would be weird to say it in letters. Gotta go.'