My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five

A Love That Kills

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Twenty Five
Picture on the side is a banner made by deadcellist. Thank you! Check out the Book Trailer I made for Trust Fund Babies story on the side. It's a project I teamed up with a group of talented people here on wattpad. Click on the external link for the story :)

Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment as much as want. 

Enjoy! (No proofreading done)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

(Reagan's POV)

'This is what happiness feels like,' I thought as I lie here in bed with Derek next to me in his hotel suite, his arm heavy across my waist. The night was peaceful, the only sound heard was the ocean's crashing waves, and I had nowhere else I wanted to be.

I still had a lot of questions to ask about him being a pureblood. It was still a mystery to me and as far as I know, vampires were cold to the touch and well, he was warm like a human being.

"Dee," I started. "How come your warm and soft to hug? I thought vampires are cold and hard as marble?"

He took on a somber look as he replied. "We are cold to the touch by humans my beloved and no, we aren't solid and hard like marble."

I frowned, still confused. "But you're warm to me."

"I think it has something to do with you being part pureblood," he answered with a bemused look.

I couldn't be too sure but somehow, his speculation could be right. After all, Galerians came to be from a union of an Alerian and a pureblood. It was a close enough to be called as a conclusion so I left it as that.

"So," I began, shifting to another subject. "When did you start...umm...you know..." How was I going to ask about about him being in love with me without sounding cheesy and tacky?

He chuckled in his low baritone. "My sweet, just spit it out."

I bit my lower lip, quite nervous to ask but what the heck. Its do or die. "When did you start to fall in love with me?" There I said it.

He sighed and looked straight into my pale blue eyes. "The time when Alexis came to visit me."

My eyes widened for a fraction. That was the time when they were talking about the wedding. "Really? The day when you guys were talking about the wedding?"I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, that day.  Alexis asked me if I was in love with you and I blurted it out without restraint. It was a realization that hit me like a ton of bricks."

I smiled. The feeling was mutual then. "Me too. I cried that day when I realized that I was in love with you."

He reached out to stroke my hair and smiled warmly. "I had no idea you were in love with me." he leaned in to kiss me on the lips. It was quick but sweet altogether. "I guess the feeling was mutual then."

I had to say it was rather uncanny we were thinking alike.

For a moment, I thought about where we stand. Was I his girlfriend or I don't know...I had to be something. We already confessed, kissed and hell, we were cuddling as we speak but I had no idea where we stand and kissing wasn't an automatic assumption that we were together. People had that misconstrued which led to misunderstanding and heartbreak.