My Benefactor Chapter Nine

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Nine
Picture on the side are The Pillars. From left to right (Marcus: Andrei Andrei;  Rockilian: Robert Zama;  Talon: Tyson Ballou;  Connor: Sean O'pry) 

Don't forget to vote, like, fan and comment.

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

******

(Reagan's POV)

My heart was pounding so hard. I held my breath, unable to believe what had just happened.

I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I couldn't swallow.

I closed my eyes and willed myself to take one big gulp of air and slowly opened my eyes, then let out a shaky breath.

I stared at the spot where the guy who attacked me once stood; now a pile of ashes. I couldn't quite understand why he would just burn like that. Last time I checked, I didn't carry a lighter or anything that would ignite a flame. No, I didn't. However, the stench of burning flesh still lingered in my nostrils and made feel a bit nauseous.

And my necklace.

How the hell did it glow all of a sudden? And the liquid inside of it? Was my necklace the cause of the guys combustion? This was all too creepy for me.

My eyes drifted back to the ashes. I sauntered towards it and stopped a few inches away, afraid that it might eat me alive or something. Could you really blame me for having a wild imagination? Of course not. A human mind was so fragile, one could think of the impossible.

I slowly lifted my foot a bit to kick the ashes and I recoiled. It floated everywhere like dust, making me cough.

After my cough died down, I came up with a conclusion. Derek was the one who gave me the necklace, then maybe he might enlighten me with answers.

With that determination, I left the park and got in my car. I started the engine making it roar to life. With one last rev, I gunned it out there, eager to go back to the mansion.

Derek better be thorough or I'll suss it out of him.

                                                                    ******************************

The drive back was unnerving. What would Derek say when I'll tell him what had just happened? Would he freak out and reconsider putting me in a mental institution?

I thought otherwise. I mean I had just been attacked by some crazy hot dude, my freaking necklace went Harry Potter on me and he just burned into ashes.

I think Derek might be hiding something, considering my necklace glowed like a shining beacon, and that alone heightened my curiosity.

What if... OH MY GOD! What if Derek was Dumbledore's apprentice? Yeah! Think about it. Maybe he casted a spell on my necklace and whoever tried to hurt me would go kaboom. He said before that it would protect me whenever he was not there.

I groaned.

Mind out of the gutter, Reagan. Referencing this situation with Harry Potter was absurd. It would be impossible for Derek to do such a thing but ARGH! Whatever! I'm getting some answers.

Finally, I was parking my car on the driveway. I killed the engine and got out. I took a deep breath and walked to front door with my poker face on. I slammed it opened and yelled, "Derek!"

No answer.

I heard laughter in the kitchen so I headed there without a second thought.

The moment I entered the kitchen, I was about to speak but couldn't because of what I saw.

Derek was leaning on the fridge, laughing. He looked like he was having a good time. A girl was sitting on the kitchen counter, who was laughing too. She was really gorgeous with her raven black hair and stunning blue eyes. She had on a white blouse with cute ruffles on the middle and paired it off with high waisted skirt that reach the middle of her thighs. The jewelry she had on gave her entire ensemble an elegant feel to it. I bet her pumps were Jimmy Choos or a Manolo Blahnik.

All in all, she made me feel mediocre.

As if sensing my presence, Derek stopped laughing and whipped his head to me.

He unpropped himself from the fridge and spoke, "Sorry. Did we disturb you? We didn't realize we were that loud."

I shook my head, "No. You didn't." I curtly replied.

He frowned, "Then what?"