My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Eight

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved

WARNING: UNEDITED.

Awesome cover on the side done by Fudge Land. Um, I can't seem to find you because I don't know your WP username (was sent on FB). Kindly send me a message so that I could dedicate it to you. :-)

Chapter Thirty Eight

Bryson's Point of View

I didn't know whether to laugh, or strangle at my spiritual self in the neck for talking bullshit.

           What was he smoking? Me? Not an ordinary Alerian, and meant to save Reagan?

          That's just... impossible!

          You couldn't just sprung that on someone like it's the most casual thing in the world. We were not in England drinking tea with the Queen of England in a freaking afternoon!

      “What do mean I am meant to save Reagan?” I asked through gritted teeth. “Please do enlighten me, or...”

           This prophecy was doing my head in.

         He narrowed his eyes to thin slits. I kept on forgetting he doesn't respond well to threats, but what the fuck did I care? This circumstance was making me gibberish in the head right now.

       “Or what?” he responded deathly calm.”Remember, Bryson I don't appreciate being threatened, or  need I remind you I could break your bones with a simple flick of my finger.”

          “Just tell me, dammit!” I hissed at him. “We are wasting time alone with this testosterone filled conversation.”

           He took deep breaths, obviously trying to calm himself down. I could see the restraint he was holding in, judging from his tense posture. With one last inhale and exhale, he visibly relaxed, and spoke.

            And I didn't expect there was much more to this saving thing. Jeez.

        “After Sephrina cast the prophecy centuries ago,”he started.”The Alerians was lifted from the Pure blood bondage, and was free to roam around... to make something for themselves. But that wasn't the case. They were free alright, but due to them being able to do whatever they want, they cost a lot of trouble here, and there. With that, a system was form where powerful Alerians, male or female, battle it out for the position. An outcome where they would answer to when they do something wrong. It was the birth of The Pillars.”

          I already knew that, but  what did the Alerian system have to do with me saving Reagan?

        “I know all about that,” I told him with an eye roll. As if I wasn't educated with how The Pillars came to be, or how to be one.“But what does that have to do with everything, oh smart one.”

          He sighed. “One of The Pillars was Nicolaus, a powerful Alerian, had a son named Xenon,” he said. Now that part of history I didn't know.

           I was confused. Nicolaus had a son? The Alerian historians, in no way didn't inform this to us during those lectures. Why were they excluding important things in our history, and more importantly, something that would prevent war was beyond me.