My Benefactor Chapter Twenty

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Twenty
Banner on the side done by CigaretteStainedLies (Still Mathias Lauridsen folks! ;-p) Thanks hun!

Enjoy! (No proofreading done)  Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment as much as you want! 

***************

(Reagan's POV)

"If you didn't dawdle at the last minute Cooper, we could've gotten at the airport earlier, but nooo! You just have to stuff more useless things in your damn suitcase!" I growled and nudged him roughly on his shoulders, looking for our designated seats.

He shot me an annoyed look. "My prank book and accessories are not useless things, Reagan. You'll never know it might come in handy," with one last look at my irritated expression, he snapped his face front and continued looking for his seat.

Derek booked three first class plane tickets bound for Athens, Greece. Why three? Cooper insisted, more like forced, us to have him tag along. He said and I quote,'I don't plan on missing the Indiana Jones experience'.

I thought it was too much of Derek to go all out, though I'm content with economy class. I knew he was extremely wealthy, but come on! It wasn't like we were staying on the plane for a long period of time. But, I was outnumbered. It was two against one, and imagine the smug look on their faces when I pouted like a dejected four old. Stupid rich vampires.

Derek sighed behind me, clearly flustered as we bickered."Will you two just zip it? You both have been snapping at each other all the way to the airport. Geez!"

I swung around quickly, my shoulders slightly brushing Derek's chest in the process. The 'almost there' contact had the prehistoric flying dinosaur flapping wildly in my stomach - attacking every inch of my gut as it churned and twisted in uncomfortable knots. I hadn't realized he was at close range, but that wasn't my concern at the moment. I had a point to make. "Oh yeah? Tell that to slow poke doofus over here," I said as I nudged my head to Cooper's direction.

He spun around and glared at me,"I am not a slow poke doofus!"

"Guys!" Derek cut in."Stop it," he sighed as he casted his eyes downward to check our tickets. He looked up."Our seats are over there. Reagan's 15A and I'm 15B. Cooper's 14A."

I checked the seat numbers printed under the overhead compartment. It showed 10A and 10B so a couple seats more. When the number reached 15A, I smiled. I loved window seats.

Throwing my carry-on bag at the overhead compartment, I glanced at Cooper who settled himself a seat in front of us. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he just chuckled then rolled his eyes. This was why I loved Cooper. He got over things quickly as though they never happened.

I took a seat and exhaled a sigh. This was my first time flying on first class. The aisles were spacious and the seating capacity wasn't that much compared to economy and business. The passengers were all posh looking; men in designer suits as though they own a corporate empire, while the women in their Gucci or Chanel numbers looking all superior and snotty.

The women however were looking at Derek and Cooper with hunger in their eyes. Couldn't blame them for ogling. They were extremely hot pure bloods. "Oh the horror of it all," I snickered inwardly.

"Why are you snickering, little one?"

I jumped in my seat and turned to look at Derek. I placed a hand on my chest."Don't do that."

He chuckled. "Sorry my sweet, but why were you snickering?"

I could feel the traitorous blush creeping into my cheeks. "Uh, haha... ha... um," I laughed nervously. "Nothing in particular," shoot. I hadn't realized I snickered out loud.

He eyed me narrowly. "You're acting weird, Reagan."

 I was acting weird because of you, blockhead, in case you hadn't noticed.

I gave him a blank look, finally composed and in check."Very perceptive of you, haha," I retorted sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book. Always the book nerd; a sexy one might I add.

The next boarding party came on, then the last. I pulled up the plastic window shade, pressed my face to the cool glass, and peered outside. I saw people working below, loading bags, refueling the plane, driving carts.

The flight attendant came on the loudspeaker and welcomed us in her chirpy voice to the flight from New York to the fabulous Athens, Greece. She explained all the safety rules with a dramatic presentation done by other flight attendants. She told us to fasten our seat belts, because take off will commence in a short while.

The plane remained at the gate for a long time, and the passengers started to get restless. At long last, we taxied out and rumbled at the end of the runway for a time. Then the gentle electronic chime sounded, signaling we were clear for take-off. The pilot floored it, slamming me back against my seat. I guess he was in a hurry to get to Athens.

As we climbed into the sky, the loudspeaker clicked, and the attendant came on again, announcing she would be coming around with the drinks. I heard someone stop by the end of my row, probably the flight attendant.

"Excuse me," someone chirped sweetly.

I looked up and saw a woman in her early 20's. She had long natural blond hair styled to perfection; curled at the tips - the whole hairstyling shebang. She had almond shaped deep green eyes, and had a good nose, slightly upturned. Her lips was curled into a seductive smile. She had on an elegant one piece pink sleeveless dress that fell above her knees. Probably Chanel. She paired it up with white pumps and to complete the chic look, she had on pearl earrings and necklace.

She wasn't looking at me though.

Her eyes were directed to the gorgeous hunk sitting next to me - whose nose was stuck in a book.

The woman seemed miffed that he wasn't acknowledging her so she tried again. This time it was a bit loud and screechy."Excuse me!"

He jumped a little from his seat, the book he was holding almost slipping from his grasp. He looked up."How may I help you?" he asked politely, though his eyes held annoyance.

The woman smiled. "Hi. My name's Amanda," she thrusted her hand in front of him in all eagerness to exchange physical pleasantries.

Derek however looked unsure but nevertheless received her outstretched hand with his own."Pleasure. I'm Derek."

Her smile widened. It looked horrendously creepy. "Such a masculine name," she purred batting her eyelashes to achieve the flattering look.

I fought a snort threatening to escape my lips. Was she for real? Of course its a masculine name, you ditz! Naming a girl Derek would be weird.

I heard a chuckle from a seat in front of me. I guess Cooper heard it too.

"Uh, thank you, I guess." Derek replied.

"So," she started as he advanced a little to him."What's your business in Athens? Vacation? Or work?" she asked.

Derek shot her a blank look. One thing I knew about him was that he didn't like people prying into his affairs; be it business or personal."We are visiting someone," he said curtly, though he was trying to be amiable.

She quirked her eyebrows."We? You're not traveling alone?"

I see. She assumed immediately that he was alone. Blind hag. She had shit for brains tantamount to a toddler level. I cleared my throat to make my presence known. "No. He isn't alone," I muttered.

A chuckle emanated from a seat in front of me, again. Damn Cooper. Not helping, dude!

Amanda darted her eyes to me. "Oh! Didn't see you there," she said as though it slipped her mind. She flicked her eyes back to Derek, head tilted to the side."Is she your sister?"

Finally, a snort emerged from my mouth. First she was blind, and now she was an expert on family characteristics? If only she could look closely between Derek and I, the resemblance was so NOT uncanny.

He shot me a warning look, clearly glowering at my unceremonious attitude. "What?" I asked in feigned innocence.

He rolled his eyes and looked back at Amanda. Obviously, she looked smug that Derek gave me that scolding look but that was wiped off when he spoke,"No, she's my girlfriend," he said with pure vehemence.

HOLAY MOLAY.

Did he just said that I was his girlfriend? The flying dinosaurs in my stomach had tripled the flapping; hence intensified the fluttery feeling. Surely, he would have said I was his ward, best friend, or freaking hell agreed that I was his sister, but girlfriend? But sadly, he just said that to get rid of her.

Once again, I heard an all too familiar chuckle. Oh god. Remind me to strangle the life out of that pure blood!

Amanda, however, was stunned like she had been tased, but that didn't deter her. She didn't get the hint."Oh," she started. "Well, I'm sure your girlfriend won't mind switching seats with me. I'm traveling alone and bored," she pouted, pulling off the puppy eye look."It would be nice to talk to someone."