7. Silence

The deafening silence causes an uncomfortable sensation in Jigi's head. Surprisingly, Jigi was hired for the library job. She really believed they were desperate. She had been working there for the past five days after two days of training.

She had had another interview with a diner and she had been picked on spot for whatever reason. She was on a roll. At this rate, she would be able to gain the funds to renovate the bakery.

She sighed for the nth time. Ten minutes to the end of her shift. She was about to begin her next swift at the diner in twenty five minutes. She constantly glanced at the wall clock.

She quickly rushed out and clock out as soon as the shift was over. The library had this dark academia touch. Brown and beige as it's potent theme. Jigi was dressed in an elegant beige formal dress in black tights. Her hair in a low bun with curly strands sticking out at the sides. She wore coffee cream boots and a black quilt coat.

The season was becoming colder. Jigi took long strides toward the train station and awaited her train. It was a few stops to the diner.

Jigi took a seat next to the window and stared out the window as the train moved. She stared till she felt a bit nauseated and then looked away. Her gaze land on a young female, around her age, brunette and huge owl glass. Her hair was in a mess high bun and she wore pain stained thighs blue wide jeans with an grey oversized graphic tee shirt.

She wore a gold locket around her neck. She baby blue eyes stared out into space. She bit softly on her Cupid bow lips and twirled her hair on her index.

She looked out the window and Jigi eyes trailed after her line of sight. Then Jigi noticed her stop, in sight, swiftly moved towards the door and collided into someone. It was the brunette. She try to pull away yet her hair strands were tangled in her locket.

"Sorry.",the both said in unison. Jigi turn red from embarrassment. The brunette was in a verge to burst out in laughter, amusement dancing in her baby blue eyes. The doors were about to close. The girl pulled both of them out in the process untangle themselves.

She rushed off before Jigi could even apologise. One minute to her shift she thought as she took large strides. Jigi practical raced there. She made it. She puffed as she placed her hands on her knees. Her hairdo was undone, a mess now.

She quickly put her coat away and started preparations in the kitchen. On the second order, Jigi caught a glimpse of a brunette and she immediately recognised her.

She nervously continued with her job. Jigi enjoyed cooking and baking most importantly baking. She always helped her father in the kitchen whenever he was cooking or baking something special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of Jigi's shift, she was about to walk out and a force pulled her backwards.

"Are you stalking me?" The brunette asked. She stared pointedly at Jigi.

"No! Why would I?" Jigi responded curtly pulling her arm out of her hold.

" I work here ." Jigi continued.

"Right?" She said questioningly stretching the beginning vowel sound.

"I'm Fumiko, Miko, by the way." She continued, her face in a grin. Jigi wondered how she was swiftly switching between countenances.

"And I, Jigi." She spoke.

"Nice meeting you!" Fumiko said sarcastically and walked away.

"See you when I see you." She yelled and rushed away.

Jigi arrived home in eerie silence as usual she watched a movie did chores and fell asleep on the sofa yet she managed to wake up on her bed.

The next day, Jigi went to her morning shift in the library and rushed to her evening shift at the diner. She hummed to herself whilst she worked in the kitchen.

She was enjoying her break when a silhouette sat next to her. She saw Fumiko sit next to her.

"Mind if I sit here?" She asked.

"You already took the seat." Jigi curtly replied and Fumiko shrugged.

They both snacked in silence. With a green apple in Fumiko's mouth, her fingers began to twitch, she pulled out her sketch pad from out of nowhere and began to sketch.

She drew precise stroke with intense focus and in depth concentration. Fumiko was twenty one year old who did a part time job at the diner. She attended a college and majored in visual art and design. She had friends in the Digital Art and Graphics class that interested her in that. She tried that for fun. She aspired to be curator she just didn't like the history aspect of the career but the art aspect.

She was also thinking about becoming an artist. Like most teenagers and young adults, she was trying to figure out for herself the way forward.

She was a mixed race of both Swiss and Asian descent specifically Japanese. Fumiko was born in Japan to a Japanese father and a Swiss mother and later moved to France after she was three years old.

Jigi found her herself say,"You're really good."

" Don't flatter me!"She snicker scornfully.

"You have been nothing but weird and rude towards me." Fumiko says.

"So much for being nice." Jigi raise her hands in the air a surrendering gesture, rolled her eyes and continued munching on her protein bar.

"It seems you so rude because you been embarrassed in front of me twice." She continued amused.

"Now, you're being weird and annoying." Jigi spoke and she could not even believe she said that. She was really being rude towards her. Clearly, she was right. She was embarrassed. She gaze seem to see right through her rude persona.

"I'm sorry. I'm not usually like that." Jigi paused and gazed into those baby blue eyes underneath those owl glasses sincerely and the amusement continued to dance in her eyes.

"Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear." She said with a smile.

" If we are complimenting each other then I must say I like your eyes, they tell a story." Fumiko spoke, smiling and continued her sketch.