18. Stash

Jigi sat next to a window in the train to watch the world zoom by. She rests her right elbow on the window while her phone is in her left arm.

She scrolled through her news feed, socials, and messages.

Dr. Olivia 👩‍⚕️: You missed your session. Call me when you get this message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<3333

Jigi strolled down a block, she kicked pebbles and marbles in different directions. Jigi walked into a parking lot then though the automatic doors, being the first thing to greet her.

She walked up to the receptionist, Lara. Jigi simply referred to her as the pink headed reception lady, long name but she had to look at her desk name to recall her name. Lara was overly friendly and she seemed very talented in IT. She seemed to really enjoy receiving calls and bookings appointments.

She had emo grunge aesthetics with a dash of e-girl aesthetics.

"Hi, Juniper.  Dr. Olivia Green is expecting you in room eighty four." She said smiling. Jigi knew where she was supposed to go. It was a usual but Lara insisted on telling her whenever she had a session with Dr. Olivia Green. She would always reasoned.

Jigi walked down the hall with three knocks to the door, Jigi entered the room to find Dr. Olivia. She was busily scribbling down her notes on her last session with her previous patient.

"Juniper!" She addressed her.

"Take a seat." She stood up and when towards her special stash, which was basically a counter filled with confectionery and cookies.

Dr. Olivia usually gave her patients a piece from her special stash. She normally addresses it as a way to bribe or coax her patients into spilling all the issues and undercurrent feelings, unexpressed fears, veiled and buried situations to light, to manage and possibly cure them.

Dr. Olivia handed her a packet of gummy worms and took a seat. Jigi ripped the packet open as she wondered how she knew her favourite snack and confection.

Jigi always assumed if Dr. Olivia had a superpower it would be something associated to the mind and her prominent power would be the power to figure out one's favourite confection.

Dr. Olivia's office is a very spacious and modern. It had a calming it had a monochromatic interior combination of sable, café au lait and mocha, which invokes a sense of calm, tranquility and trust. There was a couch facing a window to its left was Dr. Olivia's desk , there was bookshelves and bookcases walling the sides of Dr. Olivia's desk and the special stash behind Dr. Olivia.

"How are we, Juniper?" Dr. Olivia asked as she took a seat and adjusted her jacket. She was dressed in the psychotherapy centre's themed colours blue white and black.

"I'm alright." Jigi briefly answered.

"Good. Did you do my task?" She asked.

"What task?" Jigi questioned in bewilderment. Jigi was first assigned to this facility and furthermore to Dr. Olivia in the eleventh grade with her sixth foster family. But this was the second facility. Jigi's fourth grade teacher noticed something strange about Jigi.

Her foster parents then, which happened to be the third one, entered her in a facility to help her which her anxieties. Jigi did attend each and every session but she never spoke to the psychotherapist, she always sat there staring at her with her consuming and piercing green eyes never altering a word.

Eventually, Jigi moved to her fourth foster family and she was redrawn from the facility. Jigi lasted six months with her third foster family. She was costing them with the expense from the facility but she did really receive any help.

She never met another psychotherapist until with her sixth foster family, which happened to be her last. Her foster parents decided to enrol her into Pine Psychotherapy Centre after going through her records.

Jigi initially did the same old tricks and continued with her same gigs but Dr. Olivia was different she knew how to react and deal with her. She found herself speaking, and in no time the session became more natural, comfortable and she noticed how she enjoyed talking to Dr. Olivia.

"I see. You have forgotten, haven't you?" Dr. Olivia probed. Jigi felt her cheeks and the tip of her ears redden from embarrassment.

"No need to be embarrassed, Juniper. I would write it down for you at the end of the session." Dr. Olivia said.

"How's school?" She changed the subject.

"It's great now the course is coming to an end." Jigi responded seeing the opening Dr. Olivia has given her to dismiss her embarrassment. Jigi has been with her sixth foster family for the past three years.

The session continued until the end. Before Jigi left Dr.Olivia had her her assignment to speak to a random person at a bus stop or a train station then Dr. Olivia said, " Before you go, I have to say this. You have to get closure with your father's death and your mother's abandonment."

Jigi stood feet planted in place. Dr. Olivia was the first person she openly spoke about her parents, it run a shock through her system to hear them out loud and in proper labelling something she has been avoiding.

Jigi unplanted her feet and abruptly rushed out of the office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<<3333

Jigi sighed, press the lock screen and placed her phone on her lap. Jigi had never forgotten that session. Jigi had decided three weeks anther that session and her avoiding her session that she would return to France.

Jigi had stayed with the Daniels until she was of age and she continued with her higher education.

All that time, she saved up and made preparations for her travel and it became a reality on the summer of the last year of her course in college and she wasted no time to come to France.

Jigi had a fair idea what the conversation was about. She heard the automated voice and she knew her stop was near. She walked the next six minutes until she arrived at the diner.

She had arrived early. She went to the back to change into uniform put her hair in a high bun and when towards her workstation.

She washed her hand and briefly familiarised herself with the place. Jigi turn as the door to the that lead to the dining area and Amanda Bonneville walked in.

Jigi had forgotten her shift today was with Amanda and a couple of her other colleagues, Ruth, Bert and Lawrence. Fumiko didn't have a shift today she attended l'université.

She had a major art assignment which had its deadline drawing close for Fumiko to realise she hadn't started anything yet.

Jigi had been avoiding and ignoring Amanda ever since the incident. But now there they stood, in a staring battle. Jigi could feel the cold glint in her hazel eyes.

She had her obsidian hair in a loss fish braid. She wore a black miniskirt with a dark green blouse and black leggings underneath. She had on black sneakers and a black blazer. As usual, she had a confection in her mouth, this time it was taffy.

"Bonjour, Juniper, ça fait un moment que je ne t'ai pas vu ici. J'ai du travail à faire. Rendez-vous dans les environs." She said leaving no room for a conversation.

Jigi let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and shortly received her first order for the evening, marking the beginning of her shift.

Jigi spent the rest of her shift doing orders, making small talk with her colleagues and trying her best to keep clear of Bonneville.

In the stream of her thoughts, a lone thought struck her connecting several neurones and creating electric impulses; she had an idea. She wondered why she hadn't thought of it before.

She knew how passionate she was about her father's bakery and her bottomless desire to carry on her family's legacy. She huffed and she felt a faint smile stretching into her cheeks.