27. Guard

Song of the chapter Nobody Gets Me by SZA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<3333

After the unexpected encounter drawing a conclusion to their unofficial date, Wyatt and Jigi were about how to begin their stride back to Wyatt's house. They had the most sticky situation.

The had miraculous run out of the rink with their skates and their shoes in the locker room. With reluctance, Jigi and Wyatt head back to the Ice rink for they had not gone far.

On arrival, Wyatt slowly opened the door to the lobby and peaked into the barely opened door. The lights were out again. It was dark. They had to hatch a plan.

"So what do we do?" Jigi enquired immediately after he pulled his head away from the slightly opened door.

Wyatt whispered something into Jigi's left ear, she nods and they proceed. They both entered the lobby swiftly taking off their skates. Jigi handed her skates to Wyatt and he head off getting swallowed in the dim lighting.

She aimlessly wandered around the indoor rink. She came face to face to the security guard. She gave a lopsided smile.

She could feel the cold and stern eyes of the security guard on her. He began to reach out for his radio. In a split decision, Jigi deliberately run into an snatch his radio. With the radio in hand she throw it towards the ice rink and it hand on the ice sliding smoothly till it came to an end.

She ran the opposite direction towards the locker room. She finds Wyatt at the entrance leaning at the doorway. He was holding the pair of black flats. Jigi stretched out her hands to take her shoes but Wyatt held his index finger up and swiftly bent down onto one knee to quickly slide the flat onto her foot. Jigi was surprised by the usual behaviour.

Wyatt gets back to full length and offer to take her hand to which Jigi reluctantly agrees.

They immediately left the rink with no guard in sight. The walk back to Wyatt's apartment was a short but quick one. The moment they got to the driveway of Wyatt's house he offered to give her a ride home. Wyatt goes inside for his car keys.

Jigi just gazes at the floor reminiscing about the moment and the day spent together. Her gaze momentarily gazes at her childhood home. She stood there dazed for a moment she lets out a small smile.

"You ready to go?" Wyatt asked out of nowhere abruptly pulling Jigi from her daze and thoughts. She nodded with a smile as Wyatt lead her to the car, opened the passenger's door for her to take a seat. She paused at the sight of Cameron in the window to wave at him and whispered a farewell into the winds.

"So how's the bakery doing?" He asked out of the blue just thirty seconds into the drive. The drive from Wyatt's to Jigi's took a time of ten to twelve minutes.

"Wait you remember that?" Jigi asked Wyatt. Wyatt momentarily peeks at Jigi to give her a 'are you serious' look. He goes on to say while he turned his gaze back onto the road, " Yes. I actually do. I hardly forget anything when it comes to you." He gives her a cocky smirk.

"Eyes on the road, Ingraham ." Jigi said trying to tilting the attention towards him. "It's a fact, love. By the way, I don't know you surname." He clearly started infuriated by the fact.

"It's Lefèvre." She answered with confidence and small smile gracing her lips. Wyatt said her name to test it on his lips, "So, it's Juniper Lefèvre." He tests.

"If you're nodding, I'm not looking at you." He says after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes. Juniper Lefèvre." Jigi answered.

"Any middle names?" Wyatt questioned. Wyatt was desperately trying to make a bit of conversation. I was not going to lie.

He almost kissed Jigi. He couldn't get it out of his mind and he last thing he needed was being this close in this small amount of space between them. He was trying to stop thinking about the situation and the woman sitting next to him who has no idea how much she means to him even though he knows little to nothing about her. He didn't even understand the reason why he felt that way.

"Not much has happened. I'm still trying to figure things out and reestablish the bakery to successfully meet the modern market." Jigi explained.

"Very innovative and enterprising way to go about it." Wyatt's remarks and takes a turn to the right. In no time they were in front of Jigi's apartment building.

Jigi opened the car door and gets out while Wyatt do the same. Jigi put just in front to the door. Jigi's apartment building had five floors. Jigi's apartment was on the the ground floor.

"I really enjoyed myself. It was an adventure." Jigi earnestly spoke with a sincere grin.

"The pleasure is all mine." Wyatt replied with a smirk. Jigi returned back towards the door to open it. In a turn of events, Jigi raced and engulf Wyatt into a hug. Wyatt had been taken by surprise so much so that he was not responding to it.

"As much as it would sound unlikely but I-I-I'm glad today happened. You helped and consoled me during my anxiety attacks.  I feel safe when I'm around you. Thank you for making today a not so deeply melancholic day." Jigi whispered and Wyatt returned the hug.

Jigi briefly buried her face in his neck, catching a whiff of his cologne then pulled away to leave.

Wyatt catches load of Jigi's wrists and he said, "I'm glad you're happy. Would you be able to come  my tournament on Sunday? I would mean the world to me if you did."

Jigi hardly contemplated then responded, "I'll be there. Make secure we have authorise entry. I don't want to be involved in anymore stunts such as today's."

Wyatt chuckled slightly then abruptly said before she started his engine and drove away, "I can't promise anything."

Jigi made her way to her apartment. She opened her door to find Fumiko in a full blown argument with her mother on her phone.

"... Keine Mutter. Ich habe keine Zeit für einen Besuch. Ich habe jede Menge Arbeit und Bewertungen zu schreiben." Fumiko responded.

Jigi made gestures of greetings to Fumiko. She goes into her room to change into something more comfortable. Jigi grabs her laptop and makes it to the living room.

She had a extreme packed late afternoon. She had to work on her online business course and contact her psychotherapist. Her psychotherapist also ask to be immediately contacted on any occurrence of anxiety attack.

"Ernsthaft, Mama. Muss ich kommen? ... Genau zu wissen, dass er da sein wird. Ich werde um sieben Uhr dreißig da sein." Fumiko said and hanged up.

She looked so exhausted and drained all of a sudden. Jigi could see the lurking discomfort and tension on Fumiko's face.

Jigi stood up from the couch leaving her laptop opened and walked to Fumiko in the dining area to confront her.

"You okay, Miko?" Jigi asked as she took a seat next to Fumiko. Fumiko wore a worn out yellow T-shirt with paint stains artistically decorating the garment, the worn out colour of the T-shirt gave evoked the impression of a tie and dye.

"Oh you're here. I didn't see you there." Fumiko awkwardly evaded leaving Jigi with a raised left eyebrow. Fumiko sighs and said, "Would you come along with me to a family dinner?" She says with an apologetic smile.

Jigi perplexed asked, "What? Why? How come?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<3333
Thanks of reading.
Remember to vote comment and share.
Any Qs for the writer?
Constructive criticism is appreciated.