13. Hangover

"Argh! My head hurts. Verdammt noch mal!" Fumi groaned.

"You should have slowed down with the drinks." Jigi reprimanded walking in with warm water, tablets of aspirin and a baguette with coffee.

"Yeah, you wish." She responded taken the tablet from her and gulped down the tablet in one drink.

Fumi's tummy churned and she managed to ask,"Where's the toilet?"

"Further down to the right." She instructed. Jigi didn't seen Fumiko move that fast. She tumbled into the bathroom and hurled her intestines in the bowl.

Jigi walk up to her and held her hair, soothing her back. She hurled the third time.

"I think I just puked the aspirin. I'm gonna need another one." Fumi says wipe her lips with her arm.

"I'm surprised you're not having a hangover." Fumi continued settling in a sitting position in front of the toilet.

"I guess I'm good with my alcohol." Jigi said her back leaning on the sink with her arms crossed ver her chest.

"I have a shift in thirty minutes." Jigi continued.

"That reminds me. What happened to your idea of moving in?" Jigi asked staring at Fumi.

"Haha, has no problem with it but I visit every week. My chichi however does not ." Fumi explains.

"You know me. I'm not going to listen." She says with a small chuckle.

"Right." She simply said. Jigi held out her hand and help Fumi up.

"What actually happened last night?" Fumi suddenly asked as they made their way into the parlour.

Jigi was about to speak when Fumiko's phone began vibrating on the counter. Jigi remembers the night before she left Fumiko's items on the counter. Fumiko was still in her diner's uniform.

Fumiko excused herself as she picked the call and started being yelling at.

"Fumiko Annagret Agawa! Wo bist du gewesen? Sie haben Ihr Telefon nicht abgeholt.-" Fumiko immediately took her phone from her ears.

Jigi mouth for her to call her if anything. She took her coat and keys and keys and made her way to the train station.

She woke with a text from Wyatt. They agreed to meet up later in the afternoon. She pulled her phone from her pocket. She fortunately didn't encounter Miss Mary-Ann Lou.

Jigi was incredibly bubbly. She couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was but she was immensely happy. Maybe if was the fact that she didn't have a shift at the diner today, she thought.

That reminded her she had to call her employer to check whether she wasn't fired. She quickly dialled Miss Toussaint.

"Hello Ma'am." She said as soon as the call connected.

"Ah, Miss Lefèvre. How may I help you?" She spoke.

Jigi look up as the train stopped before her. The winds dragged her into the coach and took a swiftly took a seat next to the window.

"Uhm,Ma'am, Fumiko and I left our work station yesterday. I should have informed you sooner. I was unwell and Fumi offered assistance." She smoothly lied and falsely explained.

"I noticed your disappearance after the incident." She calmly said.

"Madame, I can assure you I am not responsible for that. That meal was delivered before my shift began." She earnestly explained.

"You could not yourself explained before the customer and caused such ruckus the entire evening." Her voice piercingly and coldly answered.

Jigi shuddered at that. Or was it the chilly winds of the approaching winter, she thought. She briefly checked to see if any windows were opened.