8. Cheese

"So how are things there?" She asked getting personal after a session with Jigi. It was a late Sunday morning the skies were cloudy and the winds cold.

"Are you eating, Jigi?" Olivia asked pulling her out of thoughts. On cue, her tummy rumbled. Jigi turn red from embarrassment. Olivia gave her a stern look and got distracted by a call from the one of the twins and she looked away.

Jigi sighed in relief.

"Mom, my credit card wasn't working. This is the third time this week. It is really ruined my shopping- oh hi Juniper." Emily said walking into the parlour.

"Hi, Em." Jigi responded placing her palm on her nape tilted her head to her left side. She bite into her cheeks and sucked on it like her life source.

" How's France, J!" Another familiar yet foreign voice came from her laptop and Delaney face came to view. She was striking as always. This time her hair was in a hot pink colour a great contrast to her gothic style. She had honey warm skin highlighting her Hispanic descent.

"Hey, D. France is not so bad."Jigi responded to her.

"Great." She smiled.

" Ok. We gotta go. Mom has to help with my card. See ya, Juniper." Em state and ended the call before either Jigi or Olivia could say their farewells.

With a sigh, Jigi closed the now darken laptop to a shut and move towards the kitchen. She had to fix something for herself. She was starving. She grabbed cheese and flour from her cabinet. She loved making pasta from scratch. It held such a great satisfaction at the finished product.

She was about to complete grating her cheddar cheese and she heard a ring coming from her the parlour. She checked the ID and Fumi was displaying on the screen.

" Hello!" She said after she slide the call button.

" Hi there, Junny." She sound on her phone.

"I don't have work today and you don't as well would come with me to this art exhibition near the museum." She continued.

" How did you know that?" Jigi asked.

" So is that a yes?" She continued ignoring Jigi's question.

" Yeah, I guess." She replied.
She could have sworn Fumi squealed when she hanged up.

Jigi sighed and went back to her food, her mind wandering. Fumi and she had become close during the week. They connected weirdly so and they actually understood each other.

Fumi was like the other half Jigi needed or so she thought. But if she wasn't any certain knew she like Fumiko and cherish their bond. It was nice to have a connection and bond with someone for a long while.

She was in the process of dishing out her meal when her phone rung again. She answered the phone without looking at the ID.

"Yes?" She was practically losing her patience, all she wanted to do was eat something.

" I'm at you door." The voice sounded through her phone.

Her eyes bulging, her heart pounding. She slowly removed the phone from her right ear. She breathing began to spike. She checked the phone as the screen lit up and she noticed it was Fumi. She slowly realised it was her voice on the other side.

She took deep breaths and began singing the alphabet song in her head and placed the phone back onto her right ear.

"Hello? Hello? Are you there Junny?" She hears and loudly breathes.

"Fumiko!" She loudly whispered.

"You scared the living daylights out of me." She continued.

" Erm..., I'm sorry." She said.

"Wait? Did you think it was someone else?" Fumi questioned.

"N-No! Just horrified somebody just called s-s-saying they're at my door." Jigi says sounding ridiculously stupid. She was redden from the embarrassment.

"Sérieusement!" She burst out in laughter wiping tears from her eyes.

" You remember I'm at your door, right?" She continued trying to suppress the laughter and pressed the doorbell as a good measure.

Jigi strides towards the door and opened to see Fumi standing there in a cute grey autumn coat and brown leather boots that mets her knees and an amusing and annoying grin with a bit of tears in her eyes. Her hair was left on her shoulder free to ride the autumn air.

She walks in like she owns the places and sits on the sofa and place her boots and centre table. Jigi shuts the door and walks towards the kitchen to serves herself.

" We will leave in about forty five minutes." She howled.

" Nice place you've got here." She added.

Jigi silently sat at the island in the kitchen and ate her macaroni and cheese while lazily leaned in sofa as the sofa slowly swallowed her macaroni and cheese.

"Junny, don't you know how to host a guest?" Fumi yelled from the sofa with a silly lopsided grin on her face.

Jigi grunts and mumbles, " You practically came in like you own the place. So what am I supposed to do? Hmm!" She shoved the full the spine in her mouth.

"Are ya mad at me for laughing at you pretty little fears?" Fumi playfully teases Jigi.

Jigi mumbles something inaudibly and Fumi smirks ignoring her sarcastic comments. Jigi's hair was in a messy up bun. She wore a white tank top and grey joggers. Fumi just lunged off the sofa and started brewing herself a cup of tea. She scooped a spoonful of the macaroni and cheese.

She groan as she says with a mouthful full, "This is good!"

Jigi rolled her eyes and smirked.  Fumi served herself and sat down with her. Their shoulders were brushing.

"Did you attend culinary school?" Fumi said after a few seconds of silence.

" No ,I didn't." Jigi responded and continued, " Hospitality and Catering actually."

"That's interesting. You should open your own a restaurant, Junny." Fumi says gazing into Jigi consuming green eyes.

"Yeah, I'm working on something like that." She says slightly stirring the dish.

" Oh really! I will like to see your work. Anything you are working would be great." Fumi responded with a genuine grin.

"You think so?" Jigi asked, her eyes wide.

" I know so." Fumiko responded.

" Thanks!" She replied.

" Anytime." Fumi eyes glazing with stars. Or was it her imagination. She stood and washed her plate.

"Okay. I'm trying to maintain a bakery. I-I-I recently I inherited it." Jigi says to her.

"Really? Wow." Fumi says surprised and in thought.

" Yeah." Jigi continued.
"I would like to see it and purchase you services." Fumi says with a shrug.

"Okay. Thanks. What about you, Fumi?" Jigi asked leaning against the counter.

" I'm currently trying to figure it out, J." Fumi scooped a spoon into her mouth.

" I'm kind of contemplating between curator and being a full time artist." Fumi continued.

"You should try them out. By doing small jobs on that front." Jigi wiped her plate and turned towards Fumi again.

" You figure it out. You can ask school advisors and listen to other testimony. You'll know in no time." Jigi continued.

Jigi strides toward her room to change.

" How do I know it is the one?" Fumi called out causing Jigi to pause in her steps.

Jigi shrugged, " You just do." She responded and left. She peeped in the doorway and said, " I'm gonna to change. Ten minutes!" and she disappeared again leave Fumi in thought with her macaroni and cheese.

~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<<3333333
Heyaaaaa
Thank you for reading.
I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Your comment, votes and reads are appreciated. Thank you read time.
Kindly follow, comment, share, vote and read.
Shoutout to all readers.