28. Dinner

Song for the chapter Flames by David Guetta and Sia along side Your Power by Billie Eilish.
~~~~~<~~~~~~<<~~~~~3333
Jigi perplexed asked, "What? Why? How come?"

"Well, my mother is pestering me with coming home for dinner since I haven't visited ever since I moved out." Fumiko explained.

"Seriously it's just been like two weeks." Jigi explained across.

"I know but I have to go." Fumiko said taking a seat in the couch. Jigi joined her and the sat in silence until Fumiko said, "I didn't tell my father about the move. I just did it. It's crucial that I'm present."

Jigi sighed and said, "I'm coming with you." She smiled assuredly.
Fumiko cackled with relief and hugged Jigi. Jigi knew deep in her heart that Fumiko would always support her. That compelled her to do her best to be there for her although she had never experienced it before.

"You remember we have a shift at the eatery tonight." Jigi called out as she made her way to the kitchen. She felt her tummy grumble and growl. She was starving. She had only had a cup of coffee that entire morning.

Fumiko shrugged like there was nothing wrong, "We call in sick." Jigi abruptly turned from the cupboard with a packet of pasta in her hand.

" You do realise that it would be short of two staffs. Two, the woman has already threatened me to lay me down. Besides, I need the money. I really need it for the bakery."

Fumiko just grinned and said, " It Friday boo, you don't even have a shift today." Fumiko burst out of her containing laughter. Jigi slump her forehead in realisation.

"I just Wyatt's has screwed your head over, you don't even recall the days correctly." Fumiko said with a sly smile.

" What?" Jigi exclaimed as she felt her face redden. Fumiko's sly smile evolved into a sly grin.

"My oh my. Spill it." She demanded. She quickly rushed to her side as Jigi ripped the packet out. Jigi gave her a side glance. Fumiko wasn't budging, she was not backing down.

"We went ice skating and we almost kissed." Jigi explained. Fumiko began to squall. Jigi rolled her eyes as she prepared her vegetables and boiling her pasta.

Jigi explained her little adventure that she had at the ice rink, her fear of ice that she had conquered and finally their escape, stunt and near kiss whilst preparing her pasta.

"I didn't know that today's your father's fifth death anniversary." Fumiko sympathetically admitted.

"I didn't let you know. I'm sorry I didn't tell." Jigi replied.

"It's personal. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's fine. You might tell me if you want to." Fumiko informed.

"I didn't know you had a fear of ice." Fumiko continued to speak.

" I don't think I would be talking about my fears all the time."

"Yeah sure, and for the record I think Wyatt is a keeper." Fumiko continued with a smile. She washed her hands. Jigi blushed with a small smile.

"Hope so." Jigi said.

"Well, I know so. When are you going to meet him again." Fumiko asked.

Jigi smile and said, "Hopefully Sunday. I'll be attending his tournament." Fumiko nodded taking note of the arrangement.

Fumiko tried to help out but almost lost a few of her fingers. After all the squalling and slicing, dicing and tossing, Jigi dished the meals.

They lunched as they talked about everything ranging from work gossip to Fumiko class gossip.