30. Pieces

Jigi bent down and grabbed the key from the lamented floor. Jigi intently stared at the key. Jigi scroll staring at the key.

She knew it from somewhere. She continued to stare at the key until Fumiko hollered, "I am ordering Chinese. You want some?" She had the phone on her left eye she had changed out of her outfit.

She was in her nightgown. Jigi was already eaten Fumiko's mother's dish. She mouthed, "What about your mother's packed meal?" gestured toward her mother's meal. Fumiko shrug and mouthed, "Maybe later?"

Jigi nodded while Fumiko proceeded with her order. Jigi turned her attention towards the key once more and gaze at the parchment in the box.

On the paper there was a number written on it. Only if she could recall where she had seen this number. She place the key back into its container. She was going to cover what ever the key was about. She sighed once more her body succumbed to the exhaustion of the day.

The day had been long, exciting and unpredictable one. Her father's death anniversary would now be memorable in more than one way.

Her unofficial date with Wyatt was lingering on her mind and she blushed at how close there were to kissing.

She made her way to her room after bidding Fumiko a good night, thinking of the day's events. She thought of meeting her uncle after all this years, she thought of Fumiko's feud with her father but she mostly thought of Wyatt. She had a shift the next day but she didn't feel like sleeping despite how exhausted she felt.

Jigi climbed onto her bed and stared into space. She grabbed her phone from the bed side and the time displayed on the screen 10:59 she watched as it changed to 11:00.

She scrolled up noticed her older notifications. Her notifications displayed responses from Dr. Olivia on messenger giving her tips and advice on the occurrence, a notification from her mail of new inbox emails however what caught her attention was a message from Wyatt.

Wyatt ⛸️❄️:  Enjoyed your (unofficial) date. See you on Sundays I'll pick you up.

Jigi blinked profusely at the message. It was very simple however she kept trying to see if there was anything to uncover if she read between the lines. She was being ridiculous.

She laid staring at the message wondering how to respond to it. She laid there for a awhile and realised the time at the top right corner of her phone, 11:09.

She typed it a See ya later then immediately cleared it. She thought it was stupid. She was chewing the insides of her cheeks now.

Before she could clear her second text, Can't wait, she mistakenly pressed send. Jigi mentally screamed at herself she threw her phone to the side and buried her face in her silk pillow, hiding her embarrassing even though no one was there.

She began to think she might not actually be up this late. The thought immediately left her mind when she heard her phone ping. She slowly reached out to grab and peered at the phone screen. Wyatt had replied. She wondered, What the heck is he doing up this late.

Wyatt⛸️❄️: Sure. Jigi. I wasn't expecting you to be up this late.

Me: Well, what can I say I can't sleep.

Wyatt⛸️❄️: And why's that?

The messages kept flowing into each other.

Me: I have a lot on my mind right now.

Wyatt ⛸️❄️: Can I help you whine?

Me: How are you possibly going to do that?

Within seconds Jigi received an incoming video call. Jigi's heart picked up slowly contemplating whether to watch it ring until the call ended or answer.