16. Burn

I wrote this chapter with this song
Chemical- Post Malone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<3

They arrived at Square Maréchal Leclerc. The place was serene with lavish trees slowly shedding its leaves, tranquil ponds with swans paddling in it was its young try to keep up.

The park is a beautiful gift of nature and the government where for families and Parisian bowling. Jigi and Wyatt both walked hand in hand around the body of water reflecting its environs and the glowing moon. They walked toward a crowd of people.

They viewed an audience speculating the small local band in the middle of the concert. The band seemed like a rock band. The band was made up of the lead guitarist/vocals, the bass player and a drummer. The band disrupted the the serenity of the place causing chaos to the tranquil, a beautiful contrast.

The small band played popular and well known songs to which the crowd responded to. All went well until there was a conflict on the stage between the band members.

The conflict and the struggle took a chaotic turn. With the adrenaline rush, spiking in Jigi's vein, Wyatt grab hold of her hand and they ran away from there.

Jigi panted and Wyatt grinned as they lean against a rail in a corner in the middle of a stranded lane.

"That was a rush." Jigi exclaimed. Wyatt let out a throaty laugh and said, "That was so unexpected."

Jigi said, " So do you take every girl to some place dangerous so you could protect them?" Jigi asked.

Wyatt shrugs, " Depends on how you think it."

"That was interesting." Jigi commented.

" I feel like that was a disaster." Wyatt expresses.

" I won't say that. I had fun. I was in a group of people and I didn't feel like my anxiety is going to strangle me. That was a new change of pace." Jigi said.

"I'm glad it wasn't a total disaster." Wyatt said.

" It wasn't." Jigi said with her eyes smiling.

Wyatt's warm brown eyes held Jigi's piercing green ones and there was silence and tension between them. Jigi cleared her voice and randomly said, "What law are you hoping to study?"

Jigi was practically kicking herself in the shin in her brain as Wyatt increased an inch between them.

"Either criminal law or business law. I'll figure it out." Wyatt said as a minute of silence passed.

"Jigi, I will like you to come see one of my competitions, would you?" Wyatt asked.

"Of course. I'll be there." Jigi smiled.

They started walking back to Jigi's place. They walk was silent yet comfortable. Jigi knew if nothing at all she had a crush on Wyatt and felt an attraction towards him but couldn't bring herself to act on it.

They were so many what ifs. At the end of their walk, Wyatt said, " I would like for us to do this again but the next would be better." Wyatt expressed.

" I would love that too." Jigi spoke. Jigi turned to leave and Wyatt grabbed her wrist spinning her so she faced him.

"I almost forgot. This is for you." Wyatt said presenting Jigi with a necklace with her name on it. Wyatt offered to place on Jigi's necklace to which she agreed.

Jigi slowly turned around as Wyatt did so. Jigi faced him and slowly kissed him on the cheek and rushed inside with a blush on her face.

"What got you all red like that girl?" Fumiko called out. She stood there with a towel wrapped around her head trying to dry her wet hair. Fumiko smiled a slight smile.

"Did you two kiss?" Fumiko teased.

"No. I kissed him on the cheek." Jigi dramatically said as she slid on the door down onto the floor. Fumiko hovered over her in her silk pyjamas.

"Bold. Knew you had it in you." Fumiko said smiling.

" I love to tease you all day but I have class tomorrow. I've got to turn in early." Fumiko explained.

Jigi stood up and made it to her room in the doorway she heard Fumiko yell, "Good night, bestie." and she place black eye mask on her face. She slam into the doorway way as Jigi giggled.

"Ignore that." Fumiko waved her hand as she moved it up to her forehead.

Jigi entered her room shaking her head. She changed into something comfortable and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<3
Jigi wakes up the next morning with a smile on her face, text and messages from Dr. Olivia and the burning smell of eggs on fire. Wait the burning smell of something on fire, Jigi thought and rushed in her pyjamas in the kitchen.

The moment she presented herself the smoke thought it was a good idea to struggle and choke her.

Cough, cough. " What are you doing, Fumi?" Jigi spoke as she choked.

"Oh, hello to you too and good morning. So rude to just barge in her without greeting and demanding answers." Fumiko jolly said as she threw the burnt food out.

"Fine. Good morning. But that's doesn't give you enough reason to burn my kitchen down." Jigi said agitated in disbelief.

Two different timers went off and Fumiko said, " That's my leave now."

"You have to set two timers." Jigi said forgetting she supposed to be mad at her.

"Yeah one to remind me, I'm supposed to be on my way and the other to make me now it urgent. These annoying buzzing sounds always do the trick." Fumiko explained as she picked up her tote bag.

Fumiko was dressed like autumn, she wore dark brown jumpers with orange fitting trousers and ebony moccasins. Her tote bag complimenting her shoes.

Fumiko just rushed out of there leaving Jigi with her month agape.

"Unbelievable." She mumbled to herself. She cleaned after getting frustrated as the chores kept presenting themselves.

Jigi decided to treat herself, she was in a great mood. The sky was clear the sun was out and the weather was nice.

She felt like she could take on anything. She made the batter for the Japanese cheesecake. She thought of making some for two reasons one, saving some for later as a weapon of vengeance when Fumiko was home and the othe because she had a craving of it.

She dressed for work. She wore ash cardigan on her black tank top together with slate grey office trousers, black boots and accessories with a black belt. She had to work at the library today. She checked her calendar and stopped in her tracks. Her father's death fifteenth anniversary was two days from now and it was left with two weeks to the holidays.

She told herself not to think about it and ruin her day. She had a slice of her cake and sliced a piece for Michéle at work and set of to the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<33

Thanks for reading.
This chapter is dedicated to all my readers and everyone who has supported and been with me.
Thanks.

Kindly vote, comment, read and share.

I would love your views and questions on the book.

See ya at the next chapter.

Questions for you all:
Who's your favourite character?