15. Trio

"Girl, I'm stuffed." Fumiko voiced rubbing her tummy and licking her lips. They had finished their meal. They were heading back home.

"I am actually glad we talked, you know?" Jigi says.

"I hear ya." Fumiko voiced.

"You have been fidgeting with your phone, why's that?" Fumiko address pointing down to Jigi's device.

"I was supposed to go on a date tonight. Chickened out last minute." Jigi said bringing Fumiko to an abrupt stop.

"You stood the guy up." Fumiko yelled, snatching her phone, called the number and place it on speaker. At the same time, Jigi responded,"Not necessarily."

Within two to four beeps, the line connected booming with Wyatt's voice.

"Hey, Jigi. I been trying to reach you. Are you okay? Are you cancelling? It's alright if you won't make it." Wyatt rambled concerned.

"Hello to you too, mister. This girl was planning to be a no show." Fumiko interjects.

"No I wasn't." Jigi quickly says.

"Jigi, Is that Fumiko?" Wyatt asks.

"Ohh, so he knows me." Fumiko emphasised. Jigi rolls her eyes ignoring her and went on to say.

"I'm fine. I wasn't really feeling okay-"

"I can cancel if you're not up for it." Wyatt interrupts.

"No, I'm fine." Jigi whispered.

"I'm gonna send you her location." Fumiko yelled into the phone. Wyatt chuckled and responded affirmatively while Jigi looked at her with her mouth slightly agape  at Fumiko's bluntness.

The call came to an end. Fumiko and Jigi were lounging around the area as the waited for Wyatt.
They spoke about their day. They had had a heartfelt conversation at the ramen restaurant.

Jigi was nervous. She wasn't properly dressed for a date, or what she would have planned to dress.

They waited close to ten minutes till the notice a silhouette slowly and fluidly flowing on the ground until shoes made it appearance.

Wyatt walked up to her with American Juniper flowers and Fumiko was practically squealing.

Wyatt wore a dusk boots and black slim fit ripped jeans, a brown plaid flannel jacket and black turtleneck.

"Hi." Wyatt said as he stood in front of Jigi.

"Hi." Jigi says as she blushed. Wyatt had really dressed up. She felt so undressed.

"Uhh, what have you got there?" Jigi asked pointing at the flower in hand.

"I got this for you." He said as he reached out and gave them to her.

Jigi inhaled the flowers and sighed a slight smile on her face.

"What are they called?" Jigi asked.

"Junipers. Their juniper flowers." Wyatt smiled.

"Like my name. It's smells fruity. I like it." Jigi said.

"I'm glad you do. Should we go?" Wyatt spoke holding out his arm for Jigi to place her hand on them.

"So, I going to go. I'll be on my way." Fumiko called out to announce her departure.

"Really?" Jigi asked.

"Yeah. I called a cab. Beside, I am capable of protecting myself. Don't worry. Go enjoy yourself." Fumiko smile and hugged her farewell.

"And you take care of my friend. If anything happens to her, I'll chop off you manhood." Fumiko threatened. Jigi winced and Wyatt flinched.

"What?" Jigi voiced.

"Just a precaution. See ya green eyes." Fumiko said disappearing in the shadows of the night leaving behind no trace of her ever being there.

"She's wild." Wyatt voiced as they began to take a stroll.

"Yeah but she's a whole different vibe." Jigi said.

"So where are we going?" Jigi asked.

"So I was initially taking us to Château de Versailles." Wyatt explained as they strolled.

"Really?" Jigi asked.

"So if you're up for it we could go. I still have the tickets." Wyatt explained.

"Or we could watch a vintage movie. I know! Let's go to Kiosque à Musique." Wyatt snapped his fingers.

" Yeah, we should." Jigi enthusiastically agreed.

"But what about your ticket?" Jigi asked.

"I'll save them for next time." Wyatt shrugged and gave her a sly smirk.

" So tell me something about you." Wyatt spoke.

" There isn't much to say my life is boring." Jigi said.

"I find you interesting, Jigi. I really want to know you, Juniper." Wyatt responded looking earnestly into her conscious green eyes.

Jigi's ear and neck reddened. She quickly cleared her throat and answered, " I was born here in Asnières-sur-Seine to my parents. My parents were a lovely couple. I never saw them fight, wait one night I actually did. My maman would always make my school lunches but they were the worst. My père was always the best at cooking but most baking. I guess that's why I get my passion for culinary and baking from." Jigi narrated with a daze look in her eyes as she spoke with passion.

"You should own your own bakery or restaurant." Wyatt says.

" I actually inherited my father's bakery." Jigi proudly said. Wyatt chuckled at how she huffed out her chest, held her head up high  while closing her eyes.

"So you've lived here all your life?" Wyatt asked.

" No. At eight, maman and I left France." Jigi spoke walking at Wyatt's side.

"What happened after that?" Wyatt probed.

" I don't like to talk about it." Jigi replied shrugging her shoulders.

"Alright. My childhood was in England. I was born to a Caribbean American father, his father is from the Bahamas actually, and a second generation migrant, British mother. There was much as a child but my father wants me to follow in his footsteps and become a lawyer. I have a problem with that, but he despises my ice skating obsession. So I'm basically pissing him off by running of to France to pursue a career in that then law. He doesn't know that I actually like law but he's gets whatever he wants and he doesn't get to decide my life for me. I'm going to express it." Wyatt narrates as they came to a stop at a traffic light.

They crossed to the street to the other side. The environs were bustling with life and activities as the traffic light kept on changing colours for comers and goers to get their turns.

"Is he that uptight?" Jigi asked.

"My father and I have been having a rough relationship for over a year now. " Wyatt explains and run his fingers in his cornrow.

"You should patch up with him." Jigi expresses.

"Maybe." Wyatt mumbles.

Night has fully arrived at this time bringing the night lights to life. Their stroll took about thirteen minutes bringing them to Kiosque à Musique.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<33333
The American Juniper symbolizes protection, endurance, hope, and connects with nature's vitality. Something that Jigi's going to need.

Any thoughts on the chapter, write them in the comments and on my conversation portal.

I would like to know your questions regarding this book and the characters and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

I wrote this chapter with this song

Call You Mine- by Chainsmokers and Bebe Rexha.
And
Infinity, by Jaymes Young.
Cheers.