Chapter 3: Mother

Mu Yourong looked in the direction where Ye Zhuo disappeared. Her eyes were filled with a malicious glow.

In this timeline, she was the prettiest girl in school! She was also finally the daughter of the Mu family!

Ye Zhuo was merely a lowly pauper; who was she to compete with Mu Yourong?

Even though Ye Zhuo had left the Mu family, she could not escape her destiny of being Mu Yourong's stepping stone in the future.

After experiencing her rebirth, Mu Yourong became highly skilled in acting. Moments ago, she appeared as if she could not bear to part with Ye Zhuo.

The sight of it made Shen Rong's heart wrench in pain!

The child was so good in every way, but perhaps her weakness was that she was too kind.

Ye Zhuo took everything that belonged to her, yet she could not bear to part with the good-for-nothing girl. In addition, she proposed to keep Ye Zhuo as her own sister

"My good child, I know that you're kind-hearted, and you can't bear to let her leave. However, a person like her is truly unworthy of your kindness. Ye Zhuo is an immature, ungrateful scum!" Upon saying that, Shen Rong added, "Oh right, Yourong, about your adoptive mother has she treated you well over the years?"

"I almost dropped out of high school when I was in my freshman year because my adoptive mother refused to pay my school fees. In the end, the headmaster made an exception to waive the tuition fee, and I was accepted because of my outstanding achievements. When I was in elementary school, everyone referred to me as a bastard child that no one wanted"

Mu Yourong sobbed upon remarking.

In truth, her adoptive mother treated Mu Yourong well to the point where she never had to endure any hardship since she was young. Her adoptive mother doted on her lovingly.

Even after learning that Mu Yourong was not her biological daughter, she was still worried that Mu Yourong would be bullied upon rejoining the Mu family and that she would be looked down upon. As a result, she gave all her life savings to Mu Yourong so that she could use it to hold her ground.

The reason behind Mu Yourong's courage to lie vicariously was because no one here knew the truth. After all, only evilness could set off kindness in this world. Only green leaves could contrast red flowers. Those lowly people lived for the sole purpose of making her stand out.

Before Mu Yourong's voice died away, the people in the surrounding crowd assumed furious expressions!

According to Mu Yourong's statement, it was not difficult to analyze and come to the conclusion that the switched-at-birth incident was her adoptive mother's own doing.

It was the perfect reenactment of the 'Civet Cat Exchanged for Crown Prince' opera!

Otherwise, how could Mu Yourong's adoptive mother possibly stop her from attending school? Her adoptive mother was obviously trying to turn Mu Yourong into an uncultured deadbeat.

What a disgusting woman!

Shen Rong bawled while hugging Mu Yourong. "My poor child... how could she treat you that way? That's truly vicious."

Mu Yourong patted Shen Rong's shoulder and spoke in a sorrowful tone, "It's fine. I've gotten used to it over the years. I'm not her biological child after all"

"You've had a rough time, my child" Shen Rong held Mu Yourong with a guilty yet sympathetic expression.

From an angle where the crowd could not see, Mu Yourong's lips curled into a proud smile. Her goal had been achieved.