Chapter 36: Hallucinating

Zhou Xiang looked at Granny Cen and was confused.

She wondered if the old woman wanted to have a granddaughter-in-law so badly that it had driven her mad; was she hallucinating?

Granny Cen repeated herself once again with a smile. "I said this prescription was given to me by my granddaughter-in-law."

"No, mom. How did you get a granddaughter-in-law, huh?" Zhou Xiang asked.

"I'm going to get changed first, then I'll tell you in a while," said Granny Cen.

A few minutes later, Granny Cen got changed and walked out of the room.

Zhou Xiang was shocked. "My god! Why are you dressed this way!?" She could see that Madam Cen was dressed in tattered clothes such that even the beggars on the street would tear up from the sight of her.

It looked like someone in the family abused Madam Cen.

Madam Cen said smilingly, "If I don't dress this way, how can I get a granddaughter-in-law?"

After experiencing the incident with Mu Yourong, Madam Cen was especially reserved and cautious in her effort to get a granddaughter-in-law. As a result, she dressed like a beggar on purpose.

Her trick was actually rather effective.

Poverty was just like a mirror that detected evilness.

Any sort of bad character would reveal its original form in the reflection of this mirror.

Granny Cen managed to see many things that she was not used to seeing on usual days in her disguise.

Meanwhile, Zhou Xiang was rendered speechless. "Are you sure that you want to look for a granddaughter-in-law dressed like this?"

Would she really not scare the granddaughter-in-law away in her current state?

Granny Cen held a bottle of sunscreen spray and sprayed it on her body while she said, "Not everyone is the same as Mu Yourong. Let me tell you this, Xiang Xiang. I met an amazing girl. She is beautiful, kind-hearted, and speaks with a sweet voice; she doesn't even mind that my clothes are tattered. I like her so much!"

Granny Cen was a beauty known to all when she was young. Hence, not many people were lucky enough to be praised by her for being beautiful.

Even Mu Yourong, the prettiest girl in her school, only deserved to be labeled as 'looking alright' by Granny Cen.

Granny Cen's remark piqued Zhou Xiang's curiosity. "Is she really as beautiful as you described?"

The television was playing the most popular drama series at the time, coincidentally. Granny Cen pointed to the female lead character on the television and said, "She is a hundred times prettier than that young maiden! No! I retract my statement. She is a thousand times prettier!"

The female lead character was the hottest female artist now named Song Chenyu.

Song Chenyu was so beautiful that fish dived into the water in shame, just like the meaning behind her name. She made a debut with her shockingly beautiful face, and she was reputed to be the most beautiful woman in China by local and foreign media channels.

In truth, no one was more beautiful than Song Chenyu in the entire entertainment industry.

Meanwhile, Zhou Xiang was someone who had a strong liking for beauty, so she was very fond of Song Chenyu.