Chapter 8: Don't Deserve Her

Ye Shu was a great mother. What a shame that Mu Yourong was not a good daughter to her.

Besides the blood selling incident, Mu Yourong had committed many other selfish acts.

Not long before this, Mu Yourong had proposed for Ye Shu to sell her kidney so that they could buy a new house.

Had it not been for the Mu family suddenly dropping by at the house, Ye Shu would have sold her kidney away by now

Afterward, Mu Yourong made an even bigger fuss. She spread the rumor that Ye Shu was a disreputable mistress and gave a false account by claiming that Ye Shu was guilty of switching her child with a wealthy family's child She did not have the slightest care about Ye Shu's love for her over the years.

In the past, Ye Sen did not understand why the kind and loving Ye Shu would have such a selfish daughter like Mu Yourong. He had only come to the realization when the Mu family found them.

It turned out that Mu Yourong was not Ye Shu's biological daughter. The switched-at-birth incident came as a crushing blow to Ye Shu. She did not expect that the daughter she painstakingly raised was actually not her biological child.

To make matters worse, her adopted daughter had a fallout with her and hated Ye Shu after she was reunited with her family. She even refused to meet her or acknowledge her as her mother.

Ye Shu felt that her determination over the years turned into a joke. In fact, she even wanted to commit suicide at one point. Fortunately, Ye Zhuo came home.

Ye Zhuo lowered her head to write the prescription while she said, "Mom, I'll go with you to resign from your job at the barbecue skewer shop later."

Ye Shu worked in a barbecue skewer shop to make a living.

"Resign?" Ye Shu asked in astonishment, "How is that okay!?"

Even though the barbecue skewer shop did not pay very well, it was enough to pay for the household expenses at the very least!

What would the entire family eat if she were to resign from the job?

Right then, Ye Zhuo placed down her pen after she wrote the prescription. "Mom, you really can't be working anymore in your current health condition! Otherwise, the consequences will be dire, and your life will be at stake."

Upon hearing that, Ye Sen was startled, so he hastily added, "Listen to Zhuo Zhuo, sis! There's nothing more important than your health!"

Ye Zhuo had easily made the diagnosis that Ye Shu sold her blood recently. As a result, Ye Sen believed in her medical skill without the slightest doubt.

"All of you are making a mountain out of a molehill. My health has always been the same; I don't see what's the issue there." Ye Shu put on a carefree expression on her face.

Meanwhile, Ye Zhuo continued to speak, "Mom, if you're refusing to resign because of monetary reasons, there's no need for you to worry about that. I borrowed 10,000 bucks from a classmate yesterday, and I'm planning to use the money to purchase some investments and wealth management products."

In truth, her money was earned from the gambling den, and there was utterly no need for her to borrow from her classmate. She said so because Ye Shu was not fond of gambling.

Right then, Ye Sen hastily took out all the money in his wallet. "Sis, this is the monthly wage and bonus I received yesterday. I shall hand over my monthly wage to you for safekeeping from now on."

"I can't take your money." Ye Shu rejected.

Ye Sen replied, "We're a family, sis. There shouldn't be a difference between what's yours and mine. I want you to be healthy too."