Chapter 30: Can I Add You On WeChat?

After being ill for such a long time, Yi Tao was well aware of his condition. He knew that he did not have much time left.

Rather than just do nothing and die this way, he might as well give Chen Qiaoye a gleam of hope.

He knew that Chen Qiaoye trusted Ye Zhuo. He was already prepared to go, but he did not wish to leave behind any regret in Chen Qiaoye's life.

Upon hearing that, Li Wenru held Yi Tao's hand and said while bawling, "Tao Tao! My silly child! They are trying to kill you! That Ye Zhuo is good-for-nothing! How can she be skilled in medicinal practice, huh!?"

Yi Tao squeezed Li Wenru's hand. "Mom, I've never asked you for anything much all my life... will you please promise me this for once? I'm begging you."

At this point, Yi Tao vomited another gulp of fresh blood.

Noticing her son's condition, Li Wenru had no other choice but to nod in consent. "Alright! Alright! I promise you!"

"Thank, thank you, mom" Yi Tao hastily turned his head to look toward Chen Qiaoye. "Qiaoye, thank mom, quick."

"Thank you, mom."

Li Wenru turned her head away because she refused to look at Chen Qiaoye.

She really had no idea what sort of drug Chen Qiaoye must have fed Yi Tao that made Yi Tao trust her so much. What a b*tch!

"Tao Tao, just rest and recuperate." Upon saying that, Li Wenru turned her head to look toward Chen Qiaoye. "Come with me for a moment."

"Mom, don't make things difficult for Qiaoye, please." Yi Tao clutched Li Wenru's hand tightly.

Li Wenru patted Yi Tao's hand. "Don't worry."

Chen Qiaoye followed behind Li Wenru as they went to the study room.

Then, Li Wenru's originally smiling face immediately dimmed. "Chen Qiaoye, if Tao Tao is unable to pull through this time because of you, I want you to pay for his life with your life!"

Chen Qiaoye looked at Li Wenru and said calmly, "Ms. Ye said that the effect can be seen in a month after taking this medicine. Don't worry, mom. If anything were to happen to Yi Tao, I won't drag out my ignoble existence either. Please give me a month."

In the end, Chen Qiaoye bowed deeply in salutation.

Li Qingyue stood outside the door and eavesdropped on the conversation going on inside. Her eyes were filled with gloomy coldness.

Now that she had confirmed that the prescription given by Ye Zhuo was utterly useless, she would not stop Yi Tao from continuing to consume it naturally. If he were to die from consuming the medicine, it would save her the effort of having to take action.

Yi Tao was the only son of the Yi family, and he had yet to bear any heir to the family until now. Li Wenru loathed Chen Qiaoye to her bones, so if anything were to happen to Yi Tao, who would be the sole successor of the family? It would be her, of course!

She had already been plotting for this day for way too long. In the end, heaven rewarded the faithful one. Now, she would only need to wait for Yi Tao to fall into eternal sleep patiently.

It did not take long before Li Wenru opened the door and walked out of the study room.

Li Qingyue immediately stepped forward. "Aunty."

Li Wenru replied, "Qingyue, let's go."

"Mmhmm." Li Qingyue nodded.