Chapter 7: Incredulous

Brother Leopard hastily led his subordinates to apologize.

Ye Zhuo did not pester them, but she turned her head to look toward Ye Sen as she said, "Let's go, uncle."

"Sure." Ye Sen immediately followed after Ye Zhuo.

Brother Leopard and the others watched Ye Sen and Ye Zhuo's departing silhouettes, stunned in bewilderment.

Ye Zhuo had obviously addressed Ye Sen as 'uncle'; yet, why did Ye Sen look more like the footman trailing behind Ye Zhuo for some unknown reason?

Both of them walked along the road when Ye Zhuo suddenly shifted her gaze to look toward Ye Sen and ask, "How much money did you win tonight?"

"It's all here." Ye Sen immediately pulled out the money in his pocket and passed it all to Ye Zhuo.

Ye Zhuo realized why he was so obedient to her after Ye Sen passed the money over. The feeling was extremely peculiar, yet it was almost subconscious to him.

Ye Zhuo counted and found that there was a total of 15,000 bucks in there.

She counted the money so swiftly that Ye Sen could only see the remnant shadows of her hands' movements. Before Ye Sen could react to the situation, Ye Zhuo was already done counting.

"This is for you, uncle." Ye Zhuo took out a small portion of money for Ye Sen.

Ye Sen was somewhat dumbfounded. Could it be that not all this money was his?

Ye Zhuo could read Ye Sen's thoughts, so she continued to speak, "Uncle, don't you forget that it was me who won all this money. Had I not been there, you would have lost so much that you won't even have pants to wear home."

The well-crafted meaning behind her words was that 5000 bucks was already quite a substantial payoff for him.

Ye Sen answered smilingly, "You're still a child, so why do you need so much money? It's better to pass it to me for safekeeping."

Ye Zhuo answered, "My mother is ill. I want to take her to see a doctor and pay for her medication."

Ye Sen was immediately rendered speechless upon finding out that she wanted to treat Ye Shu's illness.

Ye Shu's health was in an extremely poor condition over the years. It seemed that his niece was genuinely a filial, kind child!

Meanwhile, a stream of piercing white light cast over them from a nearby area.

Ye Sen raised his hand to shield his eyes subconsciously!

On the contrary, Ye Zhuo behaved as if she had not seen the piercing light. She did not even bother to look up but continued to walk ahead, cool as a cucumber.

A slim and tall silhouette was seated at the backseat of the car. He had a string of prayer beads in his hand, and his eyes were closed. When the car passed by, the originally closed eyes parted ever so slightly, and the fine, long corner of the man's eyes was lifted to reveal the pitch-black eyes beneath them that were deep beyond comprehension. It was as if his eyes were tainted with thick ink.

Then, the corners of his lips curled into a faint arc.

F*ck!

Was he smiling?

Li Qiandong was so astonished that his jaw dropped upon observing the scene through his rearview mirror.

He had been working with Cen Shaoqing for such a long time, yet he had never known that the man was actually capable of smiling.

Could it be that he saw it wrongly?