Chapter 33: Did That Sound Human To You?

Even though Qian Lingyu did not understand English, she could tell that Ye Zhuo was really impressive just by seeing how she interacted with the group of foreigners. How did this happen? How could she speak English so fluently when she did not even graduate middle school? It was impossible!

To make matters worse, Li Boyang was the class representative for his class, so how could he possibly lose to a middle schooler?

In the past, Qian Lingyu frequently praised Li Boyang in front of Sister Liu and belittled Ye Zhuo. Now, Ye Zhuo was proving her wrong right in front of Sister Liu's eyes! Could she still feel good in her heart? Not only did she feel awful inside, but she was also having trouble putting up a good front.

Qian Lingyu was not the only person who felt awful. There was also Li Boyang who joined in her misery. His original intention of making Sister Liu summon Ye Zhuo was to bring shame to Ye Zhuo. Yet, unexpectedly, Ye Zhuo did quite the opposite! It was a beautiful triumph for her. She was brilliant!

Soon, Li Boyang's palm was sweating. He raised his head to look toward Ye Zhuo.

Ye Zhuo still stood over there. The bright light above her shone down on top of her head. Under the lighting, her originally delicate face appeared even more attractive.

The crowd behind her turned into her background to accentuate her features. She was beautiful and very confident too. Not a trace of nervousness could be seen on her alluring face.

It looked as if she was not talking to seven foreigners but a bunch of her close friends instead.

She conversed naturally and expressed the quality and grace that represented the powerful country of China to perfection.

No! She should not be behaving in this manner! Li Boyang clenched his fists. Ye Zhuo was not supposed to be this way.

His educational background was far superior to Ye Zhuo's, and so was his family background. As a result, Li Boyang had always felt a sense of superiority over Ye Zhuo all this time.

Today, Ye Zhuo gave his false sense of superiority that he had always been proud of a ferocious stamp.

Ye Zhuo's action created a huge distance between him and her, and Li Boyang naturally felt awful.

In fact, he still could not believe that this was real.

Meanwhile, Ye Zhuo did not overthink the situation. After she was done communicating with the foreigners, she headed to the back kitchen with her little notepad.

The customers from this table were allergic to fish and raw ginger, so she needed to inform the chefs in the back kitchen about this matter.

The few foreigners turned around and gave a thumbs up to Qian Lingyu and the others while clearly muttering the word 'good'!

Qian Lingyu and Li Boyang felt rather awkward.

Just then, Sister Liu exclaimed emotionally, "My god! I didn't expect that Little Ye would be so impressive! I couldn't tell at all! Do you agree, Lingyu?"

"Yes, yes she is." The corners of Qian Lingyu's lips widened into a rigid smile.

Qian Lingyu pondered for a moment before she said, "Actually, it's still not that uncommon for a person to speak good English without any educational background. Haven't you seen the news, Sister Liu? Remember the old woman picking up trash in that tourist spot who is also good at speaking English?"

So what if she could speak some English? At the end of the day, she still needed to work for Qian Lingyu! She was just a wage earner! What was there to be arrogant about?