Chapter 14: She's Playing Hard To Get

Ye Zhuo jogged over to him. "Why are you here, uncle?"

"Your mother sent me to pick you up because she said that it's not safe for a young woman to walk home alone at night."

Ye Zhuo nodded and felt a strange feeling in her heart.

As a powerhouse, she had always been the one who protected others. Meanwhile, her situation felt even more strange because it was her first time being protected by her family. To sum up, the feeling was bizarre. However, she was not revolted by it.

"So, are we going to that place again tonight?" Ye Sen asked.

Ye Zhuo was well aware of where the place was, naturally. "Yes!"

Ye Zhuo urgently needed some money because she needed to buy a phone, a laptop, and some equipment. Additionally, she wanted to move out of the basement.

With the phone and laptop, she would be able to engage in more important matters.

Given her situation, the fastest way for her to make money was through the gambling den.

"Let's go!" Ye Sen said in excitement. "Both of us are going to kill it tonight!"

Then, both of them walked in the direction of the gambling den valiantly.

Despite the time, the gambling den was still very crowded in every section. However, Ye Zhuo's luck did not seem to be very good tonight. She lost six consecutive times and managed to win only once.

Ye Sen looked toward Ye Zhuo anxiously. "My niece, why are you off your game today?"

Ye Zhuo answered in a carefree manner, "The person who wins in every bet is known as the Gambling Saint; I'm just an ordinary person!"

Does that mean an ordinary person was capable of winning a dozen consecutive bets last night? Ye Sen scratched his head, pondering the matter.

He suspected that Ye Zhuo was only humoring him, but he did not have any proof.

"Why is she losing so tragically? I thought she was very impressive last night?" Li Qiandong's gaze swept toward this side by accident. He furrowed his brows ever so slightly, and his gaze was glistening with disgust.

Ever since the Mu family's banquet, he has seen Ye Zhuo over here for two consecutive nights. He refused to believe that she did not do that on purpose!

Another silhouette was standing next to Li Qiandong. The silhouette's body was enshrouded in a layer of faint, cold radiance that made one awe at the sight of him. It would also make one afraid to look directly at him.

Upon hearing Li Qiandong's remark, the man's hand stopped moving the prayer beads for a moment. His jade-like finger hooked on the dark-colored prayer bead with a clearly defined outline that made up an especially pleasant view to the eyes.

"She's doing it on purpose." He looked up ever so slightly when he said that. He was wearing a hat so only a small portion of his fair chin could be seen.

"On purpose?" Li Qiandong donned a puzzled expression on his face.

"She lost a total of six times, yet the money she lost from the six losses was less than half the money she had won previously."

Li Qiandong looked at Cen Shaoqing incredulously, and then he came to the realization afterward. "She's afraid of drawing the gambling house's attention?"

Cen Shaoqing nodded.

Li Qiandong rubbed his chin. "I can guarantee that Ye Zhuo is playing hard to get with us! Brother Fifth, don't you ever be fooled by her!"