Chapter 29: Let Him Try

Li Wenru's face turned green with rage and then paled with fear. She was so furious that she could no longer keep calm.

'Ridiculous! This is truly ridiculous!'

"Aunty, calm down." Li Qingyue wrapped her arm around Li Wenru's arm and said in a gentle tone, "Based on what I know of my cousin-in-law, she is not a muddle-headed person who can't tell what's right and wrong. I'm sure that she has her own reasons for commissioning Ms. Ye. Perhaps, Ms. Ye really has the capability to cure Yi Tao?"

Li Wenru suppressed the rage in her heart with great effort. "Has the capability? Who in Yunjing Province doesn't know that the fake daughter of the Mu family is an illiterate deadbeat? If she is to be labeled as 'capable', then anything is possible in this world! I think that Chen Qiaoye is trying to kill Tao Tao!"

"Aunty..." Li Qingyue continued, "One man's words can influence others into thinking badly about someone else. I believe that it's possible we might have misunderstood Ms. Ye. I think that Ms. Ye might not be as bad as she was claimed to be in the rumors."

Li Wenru looked toward Li Qingyue helplessly. "You're too naive, Qingyue! You actually believe that a deadbeat is capable of practicing the art of medicine. If Ye Zhuo is really a miracle doctor, her reputation in Yunjing Province won't be this awful! Everyone has eyes. If she is truly that impressive, how could anyone have the audacity to slander her?"

A deadbeat would always be a deadbeat. Regardless of how she packaged herself, she would never be a genius.

Upon hearing that, Li Qingyue furrowed her brows. "Aunty, what you said seems to make a little sense After all, the general public's perception is always perceived to be unclouded."

Before her voice died away, Li Qingyue changed the topic of conversation by saying, "However... I heard from my cousin-in-law that Ms. Ye was introduced to her by her second uncle. They're a family, so my cousin-in-law's second uncle wouldn't intentionally harm her. Aunty, let's not complicate the matter too much. What if there's a favorable turn of events and a miracle is to appear? What if Ms. Ye managed to cure cousin for real?"

Not only did Li Qingyue's remark fail to console Li Wenru, but on the contrary, it infuriated Li Wenru even more.

Chen Qianye's second uncle was Chen Dafeng. Chen Dafeng was not a simple person, but he graduated from a renowned medical university and was very skilled in pharmacology. The traditional Chinese medicine dispensary that Chen Dafeng's family ran had already been passed down for close to a century. So, how could a person like this introduce a deadbeat to treat Yi Tao's illness?

Any person with discerning eyes could see what was happening at one glance! It was obviously because Chen Dafeng and Chen Qiaoye coveted the Yi family's inheritance. They wanted to kill Yi Tao and then go for the Yi family's inheritance! Shameless!

Both the uncle and niece were truly shameless!

The more Li Wenru thought about it, the more furious she became. She wished that she could choke Chen Qiaoye to death right away. "They're doing this to kill Tao Tao so they can usurp our Yi family's inheritance!"

"Huh?" Li Qingyue drew in a cold breath, and her face turned paler. "It, it can't be, right."

Li Qingyue noticed the change in Li Wenru's expression. She quickly said, "Aunty, let's not indulge in blind conjectures anymore. It's possible that she and her uncle were deceived by Ye Zhuo. I can personally guarantee you that my cousin-in-law is not the kind of person who plots against her husband. She loves Yi Tao very much. Otherwise, Yi Tao wouldn't have insisted on marrying her by threatening to commit suicide back in those years."