Chapter Fourteen

Everything flows from the heart, and if the heart is well, then life will be well

I have seven sisters, two from my parents and the other three from my fathers brothers. We had an older sister, Lynn. She died when she was about six months old to gun violence. The only reason I know this was because Mvelo told us when we were a bit older. There were pictures of her at home, but we never knew it was her until he told us. She wasnt moms child; she had her own mom. I dont know much about her or what happened for her to get shot. Its just unfortunate that we didnt get to meet her. She would be 37 years old this year.

Then there is Khauhelo. My mothers first born, daddys princess. We are a year and a few months apart, born in the same month. She was my best friend when we were growing up, but life happened, and we are where we are now. I still love her, no matter how difficult our relationship may be. She is still my best friend.

After Khauhelo is Yamukela. They are only eight months apart. She is Bab Vusis first born. She is the one almost similar to me, very successful and put her inheritance money to good use. She runs her own little law firm in the outskirts of the Western Cape and is living her best life. she doesnt really involve herself in family affairs, shes that rich aunt that comes through once in a while.

Right after her is Uyanda, the second born to Bab Vusi. She is 22 and is still in school. Shes a sweetheart, loves her parents so much and works very hard. She is also very smart. She came first in her school in her matric year and is now studying medicine in the Free State.

Then there is the rebel Lindelwa. My fathers fourth child. She is 18 and just finished school and moved out. She had no plans to, but after finding out that mom is not her real mom, she lost it. Shes currently not on speaking terms with dad. I was quite young when she was born, I was only six years old. In the back of my mind, I do recall this woman, and she was pregnant. She would sit with us during the day if we werent at school and she would take care of us. Id like to think that is her mother. I think she died because I never saw her after the day they came back from the hospital.

Last but not least, the pension babies Uthandile and Nkosazana. Uthandile is Bab Vusi daughter, part of the triplets, she is twelve years old and very mischievous, just like her brothers. At least Mamncane is still young enough to deal with her nonsense, Bab Vusi just gives her anything she wants. Its the same exact story with Nkosazana, she is officially the only child. She has two mommies and a father that bows down to her. She is basically the queen of the castle at only ten years old.

I honestly thought they would turn out way worse than they already are. I was relieved when Khauhelo finished her degree. That is all in vain though because she is not working, she is sitting at home taking care of a grown man. The only reason she continues to live soft is because of her inheritance money. She has a choice to come work at Mthiyane Construction, or the Winery in Cape town, or Freeways Hotel. She could even start her own business buts shes sitting at home playing housewife for a man who hasnt even paid damages for her child. Im just praying her money doesnt run out.

I also worry about Lindelwa, and I should really make time to drive to Durban to see her. She was a troublesome child in high school, always got suspended and got detentions all the time. Even Mvelo wasnt that naughty, and he gave mom a couple of grey hairs. I have to go see her this weekend, maybe try to reason with her, and get her to at least hear out what dad has to say.

As I walked into my office and Jordi was standing by my P.A s desk.

Mr Mfusi. I have been waiting for you. She comes towards me, strutting her model body.

Come to my office Ms Moore. I said walking past them going straight to my office. She was following suit and she closed the door behind her.

How are you this morning? she asked sitting across me, crossing her leg over the other.