Chapter Twenty-Four

Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet

How does one begin to pick out a gift for a woman who is expecting a child that we do not even know the gender of? I must admit she is quite late in doing her gender reveal now. She should roundabout be planning her baby shower, she is after all seven months pregnant, only two months away from birth.

What do you think its going to be? he asked touching all the little baby clothes on the rack.

Another girl maybe. But I know Mvelo desperately wants a boy, you know, an heir to continue his legacy. Dont all men think like that.

And what about you? Who is going to carry your legacy? He turned to look at me.

I dont know, but I certainly do hope that I have a child of my own one day. I sighed. I probably would also be expecting one of my own by now.

You love children? he looked surprised.

Is it not obvious? I said walking a bit faster. He started following behind me. Being in here is triggering.

You never told me. I just thought you get along with them.

Well now you know. I turned around and I was met with a big smile. The store assistant.

Can I help you two gentlemen find anything? she asked firmly.

What do you buy for a baby you do know the gender of? Mthonga stepped in.

Is it a gender reveal party? she asked leading us to a certain section of the store.

Yes. Mthonga again.

Your goal is to buy gender neutral clothes if you are looking into buying them. But I do suggest you leave clothes for the baby shower. We were looking at green and yellow clothes. They were so tiny.

I think we can manage from here. Thank you. Mthonga said and grabbed my hand towards something.

This is what you get for doing last minute shopping. He said.

You know I was caught up. You had me under your control. He smiled pulling me close to him.

And you liked every minute of it. He spanked my bum.

Okay. Lets behave ourselves now. We are in public. He laughed and walked towards the toy section.

No, but honestly babe. I feel bad for not putting in any effort for this gift. I said looking at all the toys.

It was last minute, dont feel bad. But now you must hurry otherwise we will be late. He has been so excited to meet my family, his excitement made me feel a little bit surer about it. It is him I love anyway, hes the one I want.

She will appreciate anything that you get because she knows how much you love your nieces. I also have to get something. He picked up some teething toys.

I think Ill get a basket and put everything baby in it. I said grabbing some stuffed animals from the shelf.

Thats a good idea.

He helped me gather all the things for the basket and I walked out of Toys R Us with two jumbo bags filled with gifts. I surely will need a big basket for all these.

Do you still need a basket? he asked as we walked to the car.

I dont think so. We bought more than we thought we would. He helped me load the second plastic in the boot.

I think you will upstage even the father. I laughed and closed the boot, going to the front seat.

Are you not nervous? I asked shaking my hands. They were convulsing.