Chapter Twenty-One

I am yours, dont give myself back to me

I know Zobuhle is 16 and is old enough to take care of herself, but I dont like it when Mthonga gets too comfortable with her all alone in the house. I suggested that we go with her out for dinner, so now we are on our way to his place to fetch her.

I cant believe you are bullying me into letting my sister crash our date night. I rolled my eyes.

You cant leave her alone two nights in a row, I always say this.

I know but she likes being alone, and shes not a baby. You also forget that she has school tomorrow.

She can wake up from my place, its much closer to her school anyways. You two should actually move in with me. He scoffed.

Yeah right. You would be tired of me within the first week. Hes right, but I mean, it does get lonely sometimes.

My house is big enough for a family of four.

And you want us to be your family. He asked with a silly smile on his face.

Yes, I do. He was blushing, so was I.

And what will your family say when you are living with another man? my smile slowly faded.

Can we not talk about that now. I said feeling defeated.

When are we going to talk about it? You are always avoiding this question Ntsakisi. You cant avoid it forever; your family has to find out at some point. I cant keep being your secret.

You arent a secret Mthonga, I go with you everywhere. I wouldnt do anything with you if you were a secret.

But your family doesnt know me. I sighed out loud.

Can we have this conversation later; I dont want to be in a foul mood when Zobuhle is here. He dragged me through his teeth.

I dont care, he can throw himself off a bridge for all I care. I will tell my family about my sexuality when Im ready. He was the one who said I can take all the time I need. When we arrived at his apartment, Zo was already waiting for us.

You guys are late. She said standing up from the couch. I dont think I mentioned that shes feisty and controlling. I like it though; I think its the cutest thing ever.

She has her afro combed out today, and it has curls, they are falling on her face. She is so beautiful. She looks exactly Mthonga, the only difference is that Mthonga is dark skinned.

We are sorry to keep you waiting. Lets go, do you have your uniform ready for tomorrow? Mthonga gave me a side eye, but I ignored him.

Are we having a sleepover? she beamed.

Yes, we are.

Oh okay, great. Give me two minutes to get my things. She went off.

Now Mthonga was standing there sulking and thats exactly what I didnt want. I walked to him and pulled him by the arm.

Please dont ruin tonight. We had such a good day. Can we just have a good night with Zo then we will talk about this later, please. I wont even go to work tomorrow if I have to. I hushed my tone, so Zobuhle doesnt hear me. He sighed.

Fine. You dont have to miss work though. He said giving in.

Thank you.

Zobuhle came out, announcing that shes ready to leave and Mthonga helped her with her bags. When we got to the car, it was not even up for debate whose music we would be listening to, it was Sabrina Claudio and her sexual music. I could see Mthonga shrieking in his seat. Zo was singing at the top of her voice. I know he wished he was the one driving because at least I had something to concentrate on. We finally got to the restaurant, and I could see Mthonga was relieved. It wasnt full, and it wasnt hard to find a table. We ordered and Zo started telling us all about her school drama.