Chapter Fifteen

And the heart knows when the search is over

I was hoping to see mom today, but she didnt come in, which was quite disappointing, but I spent almost the whole day with Yamukela. I didnt even go back to the office, I finished off most of my work while with her. She left an hour ago, saying she wants to go see her parents because shes has to leave tomorrow. On the bright side of life, Mthonga is on his way for our dinner date. He called me a few minutes ago saying that he was on his way. I booked myself a room so I could go freshen up and change. Thank God for my compulsiveness, I had a clean shirt in my car, so I got that and changed.

"Ntsakisi." Someone behind me butchered my name. I turned and I was met by a big smile.

"I told you I cant say it properly." She said removing hair from her face.

"Jordi, hi." She took two strides towards me.

I needed your help today at the office and you werent there. Her big eyes were shiny, like they had stars in them.

I had a meeting here and I was too lazy to go back to the office. She chuckled.

Whatever it is that you ne my phone vibrated in my pocket, disturbing me.

It was a text message: something came up, I cant make it. Raincheck?

Are you okay? she asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

Yeah, do you want to join me for dinner? what am I thinking, she probably has plans of her own.

Yeah, lets go. She hooked her arm under mine.

I switched off my phone and slid it in my pocket. We went to the private restaurant again and the food was already there. There was soft music playing, the room was dimmed, setting an eerie scene. It would have been amazing if it was Mthonga here, but Ive been stood up.

So, why are you here on a Monday night? I dont even know where to begin making conversation.

My apartment building is being renovated and Im allergic to dust so Im staying here for a while until everything settles. She says staring at me.

And you? she asks not backing down with the staring.

I was here the whole day and thought why not just have dinner before going home. Didnt feel like cooking.

Mmmh, okay. She is very inquisitive. You can see it in her eyes

You said you needed help with something at work. I asked tearing my eyes away from hers.

I did, but we can talk about that tomorrow at work. she emphasized on the word work. I cleared my throat.

Wine or champagne? I asked grabbing a bottle of wine from the ice bucket.

Alcohol on a Monday night? Wont my boss fire me if I come to work with a hangover. I chuckled.

If you explain yourself, I dont see a reason for him to do that.

Mmh. Champagne please. I excused myself and got up to go to the kitchen to request the bottle of champagne. When I came back she was sitting there chewing. The way her jaw moved, or how she licked her tiny lips every time she felt pieces of food on them. Shes such a lady.

Your champagne is on its way. She wiped her lips and looked at me.

Thank you, sir. We continued to eat in silence, but I could see her stealing glances my way every now and then. Our eyes would meet every now and then, but she would quickly turn them away.

Sitting with a woman who is not my sister like this makes me wonder what it feels like to be attracted to a woman, or how it feels to have feelings for them. That is definitely something that will never happen. I wont lie, Jordi is beautiful, with her long blonde hair, and those light brown highlights make her big eyes pop out. The freckles on her tanned skin make her look unique. Her petite body, the way she strides and shakes her hips when she walks. She walks like she owns the world. But shes not a man. Curiosity killed the cat.

Life Under The Rainbow On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara