Chapter Twenty-Eight

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain

Mom wanted to sleep with me in the room since dad didnt come back for the night, but I assured her I was going to be okay. Sanele was also attached to me as much as she was. He didnt want to leave my room, mom had to force him out after I fell asleep. He was the first one here this morning to bring me breakfast. this made me realize that I dont spend that much time with him. Before mom and dad left for Eastern Cape, we were in boarding school and when they came back, Khauhelo was already in university. I only got that one year while rewriting my matric. If I wasnt on bedrest, I would definitely take him out, just a brother-to-brother bonding session.

Son, good morning. You have a visitor. Mom said opening the door to my bedroom. I was keeping myself company with a book. Mom took away all my gadgets, she said she wants to avoid me going on social media and doing any work.

Who? I closed the book and got comfortable on the bed. She moved out of the doorway and the love of my life appeared.

Thank you, mommy. I beamed, that seemed to make her happy.

Dont do anything I wouldnt. Mthonga laughed.

Thank you, Mrs. Mfusi. Mom walked out and closed the door.

Mfo ka Mfusi. He said and sat by the foot of the bed.

Mfo ka Manqele. He took my hand into his.

Move closer. He shifted up as I instructed and when his face was inches away from mine, I closed my eyes.

His rough hands rested on my cheeks and he caressed them softly before his soft plump lips met with mine. I quivered.

I missed you so much. He breathed against my lips before parting his and locking them with mine into a slow sensual kiss. I missed him too.

How are you feeling? he asked putting a hand on my chest. My heart was beating loudly.

Im feeling better. Im definitely enjoying the spoils from mom. He smiled.

You know I arrived a while ago. Ive been sitting with her in the kitchen. She even made me breakfast. Thats why she hasnt been here to see me.

What were you talking about? he chuckled.

She apologized for your brothers behaviour and I guess she was just trying to sus me out. She asked about my family and all the other things. I sighed.

I hope she didnt make you uncomfortable.

Oh no, she was very sweet. Her and I we got along, shes a lovely lady. You are much like her. Im hearing that for the first time, that I am like my mother.

People say I am like my fathers brother Msizi because Im mean.

You remember when we met for the first time-

I fell in love with you even before you knew I existed. He laughed.

I still think that is weird, but no. Im talking about that night at the office, when you took me to a bar for drinks and you told me that you werent mean, that your surroundings forced you to grow a thick skin. I believed you one hundred percent. I smiled.

Then you said you would uncover the real me. I said holding his hand.

Didnt I succeed? I looked into his eyes, and I drowned.

You did. I love Mthonga. He owns my whole heart. My life has been upside down ever since you came into it, but I wouldnt have had it with anyone other than you. From that day you walked into that boardroom, you had my eye. I never thought I would be here today so in love with you. This time he was the one who couldnt hold eye contact with me.