Chapter Eighteen

Sometimes, a man hurts every woman who enters his life because his true soulmate is a man

Im living up to what my name means, or at least part of it. Im a source of happiness for my family and my man. He is finally my man, mine, and mine only. It feels amazing to say that. I finally met his little sister, which means we are making progress in terms of him opening up to me. Zobuhle is just the cutest human being, and she loves me. She reminds me of Lindelwa and my nieces.

Lindelwa is at home, finally talking to dad and hopefully back on the right track with her life. She has taken the decision to re-write her matric next year instead of going to university, and I believe that is a step towards the right direction. Its been hectic. Khauhelo? I have no idea. I do know that she has been calling me more often and our relationship is slowly going back to what it used to be when we were kids. I say I dont know though because she doesnt ever mention her relationship with Sipho to me or any of our siblings. She is keeping that part of her life a complete mystery.

Melisizwe was trending a few weeks ago for a sex tape. I dont know what that was about, I never even subjected myself to seeing it. My not so virgin gay eyes cant take. What I do know though is that it brought a lot of attention to the family, especially the Mfusi men. The last time we made headlines like that was when grandpa died, and I was still very young when that happened. His baby mama, the fourth one, didnt make it any easier for us as a family. Oh she was pressed, we saw her almost give birth at only six months. Thank God for his charms, otherwise she wouldve killed us all.

Im having dinner with Mthonga tonight because its Friday. Friday is our dinner night and sometimes Zobuhle joins us. Since Im the boss, Ive decided to take the rest of the day off, just because I want to.

Sir. I raise my eyes and Kelly is standing there with a person I really wasnt expecting to see.

Please excuse us, Kelly. She nodded and walked out closing the door behind her.

When did you come back? I asked continuing to pack up my desk.

Yesterday. She sighed.

Please, sit. I havent seen her in so long, my heart is beating abnormally.

Im not here to stay, Im here to submit my resignation letter. She reached inside her bag and drew a white envelope. She handed it to me.

Why are you resigning. Im baffled just to say the least. She just came back from France for this job.

Anything work related is stated in the letter. She couldnt even look me in the eyes.

Sit down Jordi. I hardened my voice a little and she co-operated.

You cant leave. This company needs you Ms. Moore and if it has anything to do with what happened between the two of us, Im willing to do anything to keep you here. I cant afford to lose you. You are one of the best. She rubbed her forehead in frustration.

It has nothing to do with it. She is lying, I can see it in her eyes.

Then what is it? Did you get a better job offer? I can always top that. Tears formed in her eyes.

Mr Mfusi everything you need to know is in the letter, all the other thinks are not important. She got on her feet. It seemed as if she remembered something before she walked out and she pulled it out of her purse.

It was a little bag and she placed it on my desk. Confusion etched on my face. I pulled it closer to me and opened it. Inside was my Michael Kors watch, the one I didnt even realize that I left. I kept it aside and pulled out the next item. She stood there with tears rolling down her face and when I looked at the stick in my hand, it almost sent me reeling.