Chapter Twenty-Six

And theres nothing wrong with you. Theres a lot wrong with the world you live in

My head was banging and the voices around me are not making any easier for me to try open my eyes. The only comfort Im feeling is the soft hand in mine, and the other one pressing my right arm. There are a bunch of women in here, their different sweet scents are lingering on my nostrils. Im fully conscious now, I just lack the strength to open my eyes. But where is Mthonga?

Ntsakisi? I heard my mothers voice, and I quickly shot my eyes open, but quickly closed them again because of the sharp light coming in at an impeccable speed.

Ntsakisi baby calm down, please. You are going to hurt yourself. I calmed down, stopped moving and tried opening my eyes once again.

You are at the hospital. She gave me soft eyes and I calmed down. She helped me remove the gas mask and got me some water.

Lindelwa go get the doctor. I tried to sit up but I had a cast and sling on my left arm.

Stop being stubborn Ntsakisi Mfusi and lie back down. You will hurt yourself. When mom speaks, I listen.

You know my son, I love you, but I wont do this any other time. What were you thinking? I sighed.

Come on mama, he just woke up.-Yamukela. She was the one squeezing my right shoulder, the uninjured one.

I was worried about him, he almost killed himself and myself in the process. Ntsakisi do you not understand that you kids are my life. she was tearing up, I felt bad.

Im sorry mom. My chest hurt like hell.

Dont speak. Wait for the doctor.

I internally sighed and closed my eyes taking it in. it didnt take long before Lindelwa and Christine walked in with a doctor.

My patient is finally up. How are you feeling? he unhooked his stethoscope and put it on my chest.

My chest is sore, its hard to breathe, my head is pounding and my shoulder hurts, a lot. I said breathing in and out, as sore as it was.

You fractured your ribcage when you hit your chest against the dashboard. You also dislocated your shoulder but we have put it back in place so you have to wear the sling until it heals properly. You also hit your head quite hard, but we checked for internal bleeding and there is non. You are going to be okay Mr Mfusi, Ill ask the nurse to give you something for the pain. Doesnt feel like it.

And where is Mr Manqele? I felt moms gaze on me.

Hes still unconscious. Hes out of danger though, and out of ICU. We are just waiting for him to wake up. He was in ICU!? What the hell!

Can I go see him? I saw the doctor looking a mom briefly.

I think you still need some rest Mr Mfusi. You just woke up and you are still in pain.

I want to. Please. He looked at mom once again.

Can you get us a wheelchair. Ill take him. I wanted to protest the wheelchair idea, but the look mom gave me told me its the wheelchair or no Mthonga. Wheelchair it is.

Ill get a nurse to bring it here. He said before walking out.

Why do you have to be so stubborn? Chrissy said walking towards me. You are just like your brother. I sighed.

How long have I been here? I swiftly changed the subject.

Two days. You had us worried Bhuti.-Khauhelo.

Im sorry. It will never happen again. I said.

It better not because if it does, I will fetch you from this hospital and finish you off myself.-Mom. They all laughed.