Feral hearts - Ezekiel x Chris' daughter!reader

Requested by: Iron_Isii_
Setting: TDWT

Being Chris' daughter, you were allowed to watch the contestants, help with challenges and enjoy the show overall on the sidelines. Since your mom and Chris were divorced, you were spending the last few months under Chris' custody, then the custody switches back to your mom's. You were used to this, so you didn't care.

As you were walking around the plane out of boredom, you noticed a shuffle among the crates.

"Hello?" You called, feeling slightly uneasy.

"That was probably a bad move." You thought to yourself, quietly. "Those who call out 'hello' during a horror movie are usually the ones who die first. I should probably just split and run."

Just as you were about to run, a light green figure came out. You screamed as loud as you could and ran as fast as you could near the entrance, but ended up slipping.

"Just fucking great." You mumbled, as the figure came up to you. However, you immediately recognized him. It was Ezekiel. He still had his hair, despite his skin being green.

"Zeke?" You asked, getting up from the floor, feeling your fear disappear. "What happened to you?"

Ezekiel grunted in response, unable to talk. You felt a pang of sympathy for him.

"It's okay." You assured him, softly. You cautiously approached him closer, holding out your hand. "I'm not going to hurt you."

Ezekiel's features softened. He let out a whimper, still unable to speak. Your eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Will you be comfortable if I can see what happened to your mouth?"

Ezekiel nodded, then opened his mouth. You gently held his head, as you examined it, noticing a few injuries.

You sighed, "Zeke, did you try to eat concrete, rat food and wax?"

Ezekiel nodded, ashamed.

You shook your head, taking his hand. "Let's get you to the hospital."

-

At the hospital, the doctor expressed relief that you had found Ezekiel before it was too late, as his condition had been deteriorating. If you had found Ezekiel later on, the effects of his feral state would have been irreversible.

The doctor advised you to gradually introduce Ezekiel to socializing again, along with making sure he gets sun, exercise and nutritious foods. You knew it was a lot to take in, but you felt responsible, especially since it was your dad's plane Ezekiel developed this condition on.

You decided to take Ezekiel with you to first class, where you often hung out with the other contestants. You knew this would help him socialize and regain a sense of normalcy.

"Come on, Zeke." You smiled, leading him to first class. "Let's say hi to your old friends."

Ezekiel followed you hesitantly, and you held his hand to make him feel at ease. The other contestants looked up in surprise as you and Ezekiel entered.

"Hey, everyone," You said, trying to break the tension. "This is Ezekiel. I found him and brought him back from, well, you know." You didn't want to dwell on the feral state he had been in.

"Hey, man, good to see you back," Tyler said, giving him a friendly wave.

"You look way better than the last time we saw you." Owen smiled.

"What is he doing here?" Noah rolled his eyes.

"Shush." You whispered to Noah, causing him to sigh.

"Thanks, guys," You said, addressing the group. "I'm hoping we can all help Ezekiel feel more at home here again. It's been a rough time for him, but he's on the road to recovery."