I trust you - Axel x reader

Setting: A little after season 1 2023 

I got this idea from when Ripper approached Axel and accidentally got punched. 

Axel had a temper that could flare up like a fireball. She was strong, determined and always prepared for the worst - from zombie apocalypses to alien invasions. Meanwhile, you were the complete opposite - shy, kindhearted and patient. Yet, you loved Axel for who she was despite these differences. 

Today, in the middle of one of Axel's training sessions at her garage, you were watching from the sidelines. Axel was practicing her combat skills, swinging a baseball bat very quickly. She was so engrossed in her actions, she didn't notice you approaching her from behind to greet her since you just arrived at her place to spend time together.

"Axel-"

Axel yelled in anger then swung around, thinking you were a zombie or a threat with her bat missing you by just a few inches. You let out a shriek of terror and panic washed over you. You collapse to the ground, wondering what just happened, unable to control your breathing.

Axel's anger immediately disappeared, replaced by concern. "Y/N, I'm so sorry."

She knelt down beside you, but you flinched away, still afraid. Axel's heart clenched. "Y/N...please."

Axel took a deep breath, pushing down her own panic about the situation. She knew she had to be calm for you and not be overwhelmed by scaring you. She reached out, slowly and took your shaking hands in her own. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to scare you. I...I just didn't notice you."

You were still breathing heavily, but didn't pull away. You looked up at Axel, still shaken and afraid of what could have happened. However, you trusted Axel, even though you were scared.

Axel leaned in closer to your face, her eyes never leaving yours. "I'll never let anything hurt you, Y/N.. Not zombies, not anything. Especially not me."

She leaned in and pressed her lips to yours in a gentle kiss. You tensed up for a moment, then slowly relaxed. 

"I believe you, Axel," You said softly, once you pulled away. "I trust you."

Axel knew that she had to do everything in her power to keep that trust, no matter what. 

Axel smiled, pulling you into a hug. "Thank you, Y/N."

After a few moments of silence, Axel decided to plan a time for the two of you to spend time together to make it up to you. She knew that you loved ice cream, and she thought it would be the perfect way to bring a smile back to your face.

After giving you some time to calm down, Axel gently reached out her hand towards yours. "Y/N, can I carry you?" 

You hesitated for a moment, still feeling a bit shaken, but you nodded slowly. You trusted Axel and knew that this was one way for Axel to show her affection. She was very strong, and she loved to carry you whenever you were afraid, upset, or just needed reassurance. It never fails to give you butterflies. 

Axel scooped you up into her arms, holding you with protectiveness. You blushed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and happiness at being held by Axel. Axel noticed this and smiled, kissing your nose. You giggled lightly, leaning closer against her. 

Axel started walking to the ice cream parlor and she could feel your heartbeat against her chest, and it filled her with a sense of purpose. She wanted to be the one to comfort and protect you, to show you that you were loved and cherished by her.

You leaned your head against Axel's shoulder, feeling a lot more calm. Axel whispered sweet words of reassurance, telling you how sorry she was and how much she cared for you.

"It's okay, Axel." You told her, smiling softly. "I forgive you." 

Axel sighed in relief. "I'll never let my anger not let me be careful of my surroundings ever again."

You and Axel eventually arrived at you and her favorite ice cream parlor. Axel gently set you down, but she kept a protective arm around you. You played with her beautiful wavy hair lightly, and she smiled, wanting to kiss you once again, but held back. 

Axel ordered her favorite flavor which was a scoop of chocolate ice cream for herself and you ordered (Favorite ice cream flavor). You both sat by the window, already enjoying the moment and almost forgetting the earlier tension. 

Axel felt her anger from her earlier training disappear even more and she focused on you. She always felt calm around you, something she only felt with a few people. When you first wrote a poem for her, that was when she knew that you truly understood her despite her anger and determination about the zombies. 

"Remember when I wrote that poem for you about zombies and roses?" You giggled. 

Axel smiled at the memory. "How can I forget? I was so mad at you that day."

"Then why did you ask me on a date afterwards?"

Axel blushed, reaching for your hands across the table. "Because I liked you and I secretly appreciated the gesture."

You smiled, "So you don't mind me surprising you with badly written poetry concepts?"

Axel replied, "Of course not. I.. I like that you think of me that way."

"Really?"

"Really." 

When you and Axel finished your ice cream, she reached across the table, taking your hand in hers. This time, she didn't let go.

"I love you, Y/N," Axel said softly.

"I love you too, Axel," You replied, feeling the weight of your emotions. 

"I will always protect you and be here for you."

You smiled, "I know.. And I'll always be here for you too, my unpredictable firecracker."