- 18 -

I was leaving my house backpack on and headed to the bus stop. It'd been a while since I set an alarm, I'm tired of getting up so early.

Arriving at school, I went straight to our classroom, I wasn't particularly early. Jongho was waiting for me.

S: Hey Jongho!! I missed you! - I said enthusiastically upon seeing him.

JH: You've got too much energy in the morning - he said laughing calmly.

I'll never hear him say that I missed him, it's Jongho, the opposite of Wooyoung - I thought amused. But I know he's happy to see me.

He was talking with Hongjoong and Mingi.

S: Hi guys - I said with a smile addressing the latter two.

HJ: Hi!

MG: What's up?

S: Tired.

MG: Tough start, huh?

We had time to chat for a few minutes before our homeroom teacher arrived. He opened the classroom and we went inside.

Hongjoong and I sat next to each other, Mingi and Jongho were at the table in front of us. I think we just formed a new group, the connection happened naturally. I'm fine with it, I like Hongjoong and Mingi.

The teacher gave us a quick overview of how this year would go and handed out our schedules. It's not too bad.

We finished this morning at 1 pm. I haven't heard from Woo, Hwa and Yeo. I don't know if they plan to eat with Jongho and me or not.

HJ: How about the four of us grab lunch?

JH: Yeah, no problem.

MG: Yep.

I stared at my phone screen checking if I didn't receive a message from the guys. Nothing.

S: Let's go, I'm starving!

We went down the stairs to join the cafeteria queue.

S: Ugh, there are already a lot of people - I said upset.

MG: The teacher let us out a bit late, it's his fault - he complained.

So, we stood at the end of the line. Next to me, I noticed a guy on his phone, I think I saw him waiting in front of our classroom this morning.

S: Hey, aren't you in our class? - I asked him. He looked up at me, slightly surprised.

YH: Yeah, 11th grade S4?

S: Yeah!

HJ: Hey, I recognize you! Last year you unintentionally crashed our class with your friend, San you remember??

I remember very well. There was an optional class that Hongjoong and I signed up for last year, we sat next to each other.

One day, two students came in a few minutes late and settled in the room. But we had never seen them before. Among them was this guy. Hongjoong and I stared at them wondering what the fuck they were doing there.

We ended up suspecting that they had entered the wrong class because they stayed seated for a really long time. But finally, after 5 minutes, they got up and left apologizing, saying they had entered the wrong room.

Hongjoong and I were laughing so hard, we always wondered why it took them so long to leave the room.

YH: Damn, you guys were there?? We were so embarrassed! - he said laughing, embarrassed that we reminded him of that story.

Hongjoong and I laughed along with him.

S: Why did you wait like 5 minutes before leaving the room??

YH: Dude, we sat down and then my friend goes, "Uh... Yunho? Didn't we get the wrong room?" and then I look up and I didn't recognize anyone. We spent like 2 minutes quietly laughing and then we were so embarrassed that we didn't dare leave.

I was laughing my head off listening to him. Hongjoong and I finally got the answer to our question, it's marvelous.

HJ: On top of that, you arrived late so everyone could see that you were there - he laughed.

YH: Yeah exactly!! How fucking embarrassing!

HJ: Do you wanna eat with us or are you waiting for someone?

YH: Nah I'm not waiting for anyone so yeah, why not - he replied, smiling.

JH: So your name is Yunho, right?

YH: Yeah, what about you guys?

We introduced ourselves and got to know him as we slowly moved forward in the line.

When we finally reached the front with only a few people ahead of us, I saw Wooyoung, Yeo and Seonghwa coming out of the cafeteria.

S: Guys! - I exclaimed loud enough for them to hear me.

They turned their heads and smiled at Jongho and me. They approached us.

WY: Sannie!!

YS: Hi, guys!

S: Did you just eat?

SH: Yeah, we finished at noon.

JH: Lucky, we just spent 20 minutes in line!

WY: You'll see, amazing menu today.

S: Really? What is it? - I asked all excited.

YS: Chicken!!

S: Oh yeees!

SH: Alright, enjoy your meal! - he said seeing that it was our turn.

JH: Thanks - he replied entering the cafeteria.

I also started walking but quickly stopped and turned around.

S: By the way Woo, nice haircut!

WY: Oh, you haven't seen it in person yet! Thanks - he smiled.

I returned his smile and followed my new group of friends into the cafeteria.

We had a lively meal and laughed a lot but a part of me was a bit sad and disappointed.

I was so much looking forward to seeing the guys, especially Wooyoung. In the end, we just crossed paths for a few moments.

And I had a weird feeling. The feeling that nothing will be the same as before...

Conclusion of Chapter 18: A part of San is a bit sad and disappointed...

▻✧◅

Question: Your favorite ATEEZ songs?

I know, it's tough. Personally, I have a lot. Among my favorites are Halazia, Utopia, Eternal Sunshine, Horizon, and Promise.

ATEEZ has too many bangers.