- 23 -

_sannie
Hi Wooyoung, i stumbled upon our old high school videos and it reminded me that I had a huge crush on you in that period 😭😭

_sannie
We stopped talking suddenly bc we weren't in the same class anymore so I gave up but I think it's silly that i never told you. It comes out of nowhere but at least you know now lmao

It's done now. I just have to wait for his response. In a way, I feel pretty liberated.

I'd like him to reply that he felt nothing so I can tell myself I missed nothing and didn't suffer for nothing.

But I'd also like him to say it was mutual, that I wasn't daydreaming, that my intuition was right. That his heart also beat faster for me than for others.

In both cases, a part of me will be disappointed, another relieved.

I waited for his response while continuing to browse through our old photos. After 30 minutes of waiting, I received his reply.

young_woo
Hey, oh no why didn't you tell me back then? At least i would've thought it was for Seonghwa you had a thing

_sannie
For real, Seonghwa?? 😂😂 Not at all though

young_woo
Yeah for Seonghwa lol i swear you two were really close so idk

_sannie
In my memories it was the two of us who were close, more than Hwa and me so you're surprising me

young_woo
Maybe, maybe

young_woo
Btw i find it so sad that we didn't keep talking

_sannie
Yeah really sad dunno why we stopped, it felt like something had changed

young_woo
Nothing had changed tho and it made me super down but nevermind

_sannie
Yeah i felt really down too but well it eventually passed 🤷🏻‍♂️ At least i didn't miss out on a beautiful love story if you didn't feel the same way lmaoo

young_woo
Well i can't guarantee that my boy

Huh? What the hell is he playing at?

_sannie
What, you don't know if you felt something for me or not?

young_woo
Dude i have no idea

_sannie
Lmaooo super helpful, well let's say you didn't so i won't regret missing out on something

young_woo
Loool okay sorry

Man, what a pain I swear. Even he doesn't have the answer. But I won't dig deeper, it's in the past now. I already feel liberated for telling him what I felt for him.

After all this time, I finally feel like this story is over. You know, like an investigation that was opened years ago, remained unresolved, and has just now been solved.

It was fun to delve back into those old memories. And I can hear you, readers: no it didn't revive any feelings for Wooyoung. All I felt was the nostalgia of memories of a past love. But today, I love Hyunjin and no one else. More than you can imagine. And probably more than I can myself imagine.

The evening passed and Hyunjin returned from his outing. I showed him the messages, proud of having followed his advice.

HJ: Pft, what's this! - he chuckled. He's a pain, why doesn't he just tell you he had a crush on you?

S: Well, he's not sure he said.

HJ: Stop, he was definitely in love with you but he don't admit it or something.

S: You think?

HJ: Well yes, he wouldn't hesitate otherwise.

S: Yeah, true...

HJ: Look at this lil heartthrob - he said putting his arm over my shoulder, making me laugh. Even with the face you had.

S: Dumbass! - I protested while laughing, pushing him to escape from under his arm.

He laughed too and grabbed me again, facing me and wrapping me this time with both his arms.

HJ: I'm joking - he said tenderly, smiling at me.

I took the opportunity to kiss him. I love him so much, damn.

S: So, was it cool with your friends?

HJ: Very cool. There's a waitress who offered me a drink, seriously, isn't it obvious I'm gay??

He made me laugh.

S: Yes, very gay.

HJ: That's what I thought.

S: What do you wanna eat?

HJ: Are you on the menu? - he said with a pervert look.

S: Shut up - I replied laughing.

HJ: I want us to make crepes.

S: Is that a sexual metaphor?

He burst out laughing.

HJ: No, damn, you stupid boy! I really want crepes.

S: Let's do that then.

Next time I want him, I'll ask him if he wants to make crepes.

___

A month passed smoothly, life went on.

S: Hyun, they dropped the tickets for the BTS concert! Can you come or not?

HJ: What day is it?

S: March 27, in two months.

HJ: Damn it, it's during my oral exams... Why can't they do it on the weekend, seriously?

S: Ugh, sucks... And Mingi can't come either - I said all sad.

HJ: Are you going anyway? It's in Busan, right?

S: Yeah I don't care, I'll go alone.

HJ: You're so determined, I love it - he laughed.

S: Come on, hop, 100 bucks less in the wallet.

HJ: Not to mention the train tickets.

S: Don't rub salt in the wound, please.

HJ: Oops... - he said with a fake apologetic tone.

Later in the evening, I went on Instagram and saw a story from Wooyoung.

It was a screenshot of him and Yeonjun on FaceTime, looking euphoric with the caption "We're gonna see BTS!!!"

First of all, I didn't know Woo was still friends with Yeonjun, so I'm shocked. On top of that, at my 18th birthday party, he told me he didn't listen to K-pop anymore and had moved on!

I'm perplexed but happy, it means we're going to the same concert. And I'm glad to learn that, after all, he's still a fan of BTS. So I decided to reply to his story.

Conclusion of Chapter 23: Hyunjin wanted to make crepes.

▻✧◅

Who has been to a BTS or ATEEZ concert?

Personally, I've seen BTS once and ATEEZ twice in Paris, i still can't believe I saw them with my own eyes... 🥲