- 31 -

I recommend reading this chapter with this music 👀

▻✧◅

As soon as we entered the nightclub, we went to the bar to order shots to toast to this night.

WY: Tonight we're putting our exes behind us, San! - he exclaimed raising the glass in the air before downing it in one go.

S: To our singledom! - I said doing the same.

E: To your singledom!

We then joined the dance floor and started moving to the rhythm of the music.

It's not very late but there's already a crowd. I dance timidly, not yet drunk enough to really let go.

BG: You move well Wooyoung, you're right to join a dance school! - he shouted over the music.

WY: Thanks, it's years of experience dancing alone in my room!

E: We've all been there!

HJ: Not all of us! - he said clearly uncomfortable with dancing.

S: It shows! - I teased him to which he responded by hitting my arm.

BG: Honestly Hongjoong you're doing well too!

HJ: Oh yeah?? I feel like I'm doing all sorts of wrong moves!

We continued to dance, making trips to the bar to order more drinks.

Flashes of light illuminated our bodies and the music set the pace for our movements.

I feel the effects of alcohol gradually rising and I dance with a little less restraint with each sip I take.

S: Hey Woo, the girl over there can't stop looking at you! - I said nodding in her direction.

WY: For real??

He looked at her for a moment then moved towards her while still dancing.

It's funny to see Woo drunk, he's like his usual self but even more so.

He stood in front of the girl, both of them continuing to dance. They got closer and exchanged a few words speaking in each other's ears to hear better.

Suddenly, Wooyoung grabbed the girl's face and kissed her before coming back to us.

HJ: Dude what just happened?

WY: She said to me "You're hot but I thought you were gay" so I kissed her and got out of there!

S: You idiot why didn't you stay?

WY: I panicked!! I need another drink! - he exclaimed before heading to the bar.

HJ: Come on San, your turn!

S: Nah, tonight I'm just dancing!

E: Okay Sannie, go for it, show us your best dance moves! - he said hyping me up more than I already am from the alcohol.

So I started dancing approximately though with admirable enthusiasm. My movements are distorted by the effect of the drinks I've had tonight but I feel like I've never danced better.

Wooyoung joined us again and started moving as roughly as I was.

S: Why do you have green sunglasses??

WY: Dude, I have no idea! - he said taking them off and putting them on my nose. And they're not green, they're orange!

S: Nooo dude they're green-lagoon blue!

WY: Duuuude I think I got it! I think they're white but with the lights they change color!!

S: Ooooooh that's it! That's for sure! - I said laughing my heart out.

Wooyoung joined me in my laughter. It's not that funny but we're drunk so you know...

WY: Where did the guys go?? - he said stopping dancing, analyzing the faces around us.

S: Who the hell?

WY: Well, the guys!

S: Oh you're right! Where are they??

WY: Anyway, who cares! - he exclaimed starting to dance again, making me laugh again for no reason.

WY: Damn San by the way, 'wanted to tell you something the other night after the BTS concert but Yeonjun interrupted me!!

S: Oh yeah I remember that!! Go on, tell me!

WY: I actually had a crush on you in high school too! But I was just confused because you were a guy and I didn't fully accept it so I thought it was just friendship. But thinking back, no, it was more than that!

S: Stop, are you serious!? Does that mean we really missed out on something like idiots??

WY: Huh?? - he said leaning slightly towards me to hear me better.

S: We missed out on something like idiots! - I said getting closer to his ear.

WY: Yeah, but I'm the dumbest in this story. I didn't understand why I was so sad when we drifted apart! - he said in my ear.

His face is really close to mine. He moved back in front of me without getting too far away. We stare at each other without saying anything.

I really wanna do something I should not, I don't know what's stopping me. Neither he nor I do anything and just keep looking into each other's eyes.

My mind's foggy from the alcohol but I don't let myself get carried away. I wonder what he's thinking.

He raised his hand to my face and lifted my sunglasses to rest them on my forehead. I'd forgotten I'd glasses on.

He can now see how much I'm devouring him with my gaze. I'm devouring him with my gaze but I don't want us to kiss. Not now, not like this.

I don't want an alcohol-fueled kiss expressing the frustration of a lost love story.

His gaze is as intense as mine and, just like me, he doesn't look away from my pupils. However, I did notice his mouth starting to form a smirk.

WY: Let's go outside for a bit? It's really hot in here, we might find the guys outside.

Ah, it's indeed really  hot...

S: Yeah, I'm following you!

Conclusion of Chapter 31: We don't know whose sunglasses they are.

▻✧◅

Man, Dopamine by Jackson Wang, what a banger...

I hope it accompanied this chapter properly 😏

But guys, it's fun how i scream in my head when i reread this chapter. Fun but exhausting 🥴