- 37 -

S: Hi guys! - I said as I arrived at Yeosang's place.

They were all already there chatting in front of the house.

YS: Hey San!!

SH: Our gang is finally complete!

WY: After 5 years!

JH: It's weird, it's all like before but we just got older.

YS: Not you though. You still have the same face - he teased to taunt him.

JH: Stop with that! - he laughed hitting Yeosang.

I just remembered that Ho told me he finds Yeo handsome. So now I'm watching their interactions from the corner of my eye. Go on my little Jongho, you can do it!

Damn, it also reminds me of the speech my two buddies gave thinking they're cupids. I need to "dig" about Woo according to them. Reflexively to my thought, I turned to him. Seeing that I was looking at him, he returned my gaze and smiled.

I smiled back before remembering that the last time we saw each other we had a damn intense make-out session. Fuck, I'm embarrassed now! Hurry, San, look away before blushing.

S: By the way, it's the first time we've come to your place, Yeo!

YS: Yeah that's right, Jongho and you never came! Go ahead, come in, I'll give you a tour.

He opened the door and led us inside.

YS: So, these are the toilets.

JH: Why are the toilets the first thing you show us? Don't you have anything more interesting?

YS: Do I ask you questions??

S: I actually like the toilets, with the little beige paint there, it's nice.

YS: Thanks San. Luckily he's here! - he said addressing Jongho. Anyway, the kitchen.

JH: Aaah, I prefer that.

S: Nice lil countertops, they go well with the stainless steel sink.

WY: San, you need to stop pretending you're a real estate agent.

SH: San Eklund - he said making us laugh.

YS: Careful, if you make another real estate agent remark, San Eklund will be your new contact name.

S: Damn, I'll stop then.

Yeo continued to show us around the house and we then settled around the living room table to chat while snacking and drinking soju for the evening meal.

We were catching up on our lives, studies and love stories.

S: Damn Yeo, it blows my mind that you became a sports coach. Look at the size of your arms!

WY: You also have such huge arms San, I wanna know who has the biggest guns between you two!!

Yeo and I pressed our arms against each other to compare.

S: Yeo wins.

Wooyoung grabbed his wrist and raised it in the air as if announcing the winner of a boxing match.

YS: Yeeeah! Mom, Dad, I won! - he shouted as we applauded.

S: Despite my defeat, I would still like to thank all those who supported me... Dad, Mom, you who always believed in me, my sister who taught me never to give up, my cat who was always there even in the toughest times, my lunch today that gave me the strength to fight, my sports teacher in 8th grade who sparked this passion in me, my-

WY: San, are you done? - he laughed with the guys amused by my monologue.

S: Yes, sorry.

SH: And Jongho, what are you studying again?

JH: I'm studying horticulture. Later, I'd like to have a giant vegetable garden to grow lots of vegetables and all - he said very seriously.

S: Huh?? I didn't even know you were studying that!

SH: Awesome!

WY: I didn't know you liked gardens.

JH: Damn, you guys are too dumb - he laughed.

S: Wait, did you make fun of us?

JH: Of course! Do you see me picking tomatoes?

YS: I didn't believe you for a second - he chuckled.

Jongho laughed very proud of his joke.

WY: Oh bastaaard, we're so dumb!

JH: The worst is San, you know exactly what I'm studying, why did you believe it?

S: Dunno, I thought maybe you had changed your mind!! Maybe you ate a tomato and had an epiphany!

SH: What killed me is Wooyoung saying "I didn't know you liked gardens."

We laughed again for a few moments before calming down and returning to a serious discussion.

After the round-table was over, we were all more or less up to date on each other's lives. It was already 11:30 pm. We talk a lot without realizing it, time flies.

SH: Do you know what I'm thinking?

S: About a boat ride?

WY: 69.

JH: No?

YS: Truth or Dare?

SH: Well, San you're high, Wooyoung you disgust me, Jongho you have no inspiration, and Yeo you're a genius.

WY: Truth or Dare??

S: Damn, do you guys remember when we did it in your garden?

YS: It was so fun - he laughed.

SH: Yeah, that's why we have to do it again! It's symbolic!

WY: Totally!!

And that's how Seonghwa ended up spinning a bottle to decide who would start, just like he did 5 years ago.

Conclusion of Chapter 37: Jongho doesn't want to become a vegetable farmer.

▻✧◅

Here we go again!

Hope you like Truth or Dare games 😏