- 49 -

It's noon and we're all sitting around a large round table in the Chinese restaurant. It brings back memories. Wooyoung invited everyone, all the guys who were present at my last party.

YH: It's been so long since I went to an all-you-can-eat buffet!

MG: Same, we used to go all the time in high school!

WY: We used to go all the time too but we stopped going after the second year.

SH: Actually the common factor was San! San was the one who made us go there!

S: Hey, I remind you that it's Yeo who always wanted his fried chicken!

YS: Now I go to KFC.

JH: Anyway, I'm gonna fill my plate.

HJ: Look at that impolite guy.

WY: Hey, it's my birthday so it's me first!

S: Oh no, Woo's like an ogre he'll take everything!

We all hurried to get up with our plates and went to serve ourselves almost fighting for some dishes. It's like being in the jungle, we are not presentable.

Once seated again, we wished each other a good meal and started eating.

JH: So Wooyoung, you're 21 now?

WY: Yes sir.

JH: Damn, you guys're all super old.

S: Come down, you're only a year younger than us.

YJ: Oh Jongho you're a year younger?

WY: Yeah he skipped a grade, that's why I was shocked when you said you were gonna become a farmer, Jongho.

HJ: You wanna become a farmer!?

JH: No it was a joke!! And Woo what did you think? Just because I skipped a grade I'm gonna become a physicist or something?

WY: Well, we don't know little nerd.

MG: I can totally imagine Jongho as a farmer now.

S: Stop it, the only tomatoes he'll pick are Yeo--

Jongho, sitting next to me, gave me a blow to stop me from finishing my sentence. Unfortunately, he hit me too late, everyone's already laughing. Well, except Yeosang who's as embarrassed as Jongho.

WY: Damn, you're stupid San - he laughed.

YH: Wait, is there something between you two?

JH: Aaah please!

SH: They kissed at San's party.

YH, HJ, MG, S: WHAAAT??

YS: Thanks Hwa... - he said all red.

JH: Alright, I give up...

S: Jongho, it doesn't even occur to you to keep me informed?

MG: Stop it San, I'm sure you didn't tell him you sucked W--

S: SHUT UP MINGI!

WY: AAAH DID YOU TELL HIM??

S: NO BUT YES MAYBE BUT HE FORCED ME AFTER SEEING THE HICKEYS!

HJ: Is that for real!??

YH: I'm aware as well.

YJ: Whoa guys, I'm a fan of the conversation but I admit I don't see my skewer the same way now...

WY: For real you guys're going too far, we're eating! Come on, let's talk about something else!

HJ: Okay, um... Did you know that pelicans are not endangered?

SH: Well, um... yes.

HJ: Okay. There you go...

We laughed at Hongjoong's intervention and the meal resumed quietly without delving into awkward topics.

Once full, the guys gave their gifts to Wooyoung. Some are funny, some are really cool. But I know that none of them's better than mine.

YJ: San, you're the only one missing.

S: I'll give him my gift tonight.

WY: He's surprising me! I have to go to his place for him to give it to me.

The guys looked at each other for a moment. Apparently, they all have the same stupid idea in mind.

YS: He's gonna give you his body.

WY: God damn, Yeo!!! Can't you stop talking about sex for two minutes!!

S: No need to be his birthday for me to give him my body - I said discreetly.

I don't know why I said that out loud. Apparently, I wasn't discreet enough because everyone started screaming. Really, sounds like kids on a school outing... Well, somewhat precocious kids, but still kids.

Wooyoung didn't say anything anymore, he was all red and avoided my gaze.

MG: What do you mean!? Go on, explain!

S: It was a joke you idiot!! Well, no... but still!

JH: Didn't we agree to stop talking about sex?

YS: I wonder who would be top between San and Woo... - he said quietly, almost talking to himself.

JH: DAMN YEO!

YS: What!? We're done eating!

SH: I vote for San!

YJ: Me too!

WY: Wait, what???

YH: What's "top"?

MG: Yunho, read some books I swear!

I had collapsed on the table and just listened to their nonsense, desperate but still laughing. They're unbearable but you have to admit they are funny. Wooyoung eventually gave up too and did like me, he put his head on the table and waited for things to calm down.

Finally, after long discussions and laughter, we left the restaurant much to the delight of the other customers.

We spent the rest of the afternoon together strolling around, wandering through stores like crazy men, annoying half the population with our shouts and laughter. We really get along well and I'm gonna miss the guys when school starts again.

It's 7 pm and this time I'll finally be able to spend my night with Woo. Tonight, I won't have to say goodbye to him.

WY: Thanks everyone, today was so cool!

YJ: Pleasure, we had a great time!

HJ: We'll have more outings together.

WY: Definitely!

S: Get home safely guys!

YH: And you two have fun - he said with a sly grin.

S: Haha it's no fun anymore, you know that?

I say that but it still makes me laugh deep down. We all separated except Woo and me who went together to my car.

WY: Can't wait to see my surprise.

S: Can't wait either.

I started the engine and drove towards my home taking Wooyoung with me. Tonight, I feel so good.

Conclusion of Chapter 49: Pelicans are not endangered.

▻✧◅

We're approaching the end of the story!